• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Today’s the day

We're all very excited for you. Do let us know how you're doing as soon as you come out of anesthesia or feel enough energy to post a note.

Just got home, had a bad time due to complications (which I should have expected really with my history). Was 6 hours in surgery and 4 hours in recovery, and have been left with a feeding tube and a huge list of instructions. Feeling very bewildered. Hope I will feel better after a good nights sleep in my own bed.

Hi Julie! I hope your rocky start is a good omen for fabulous recovery!

When you feel stronger, let us know what we can do. You say you feel bewildered. Can we help with that?

Your weight loss journey is just as epic as any Norse myth! You just slew a big dragon. Now you have to wear that Brunhilde hat with horns on it while you sing your story to all who gather around you.

Hi Diane, yes I’m still here, enjoying reading all the posts. I’m doing great, thanks. To be honest, the only thing giving me any trouble is the feeding tube. I’m no longer using it, and it is being removed on June 3rd. I have started eating some soft foods, and to my relief I have only lost 20lbs since surgery, as one of my biggest fears was losing too much weight. I am no longer taking any medication for anything, so it appears that the op was a great success

Back