• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Today is the day!

Headed to the hospital in a few moments. Not really nervous but just want to get this over with and on my way to a new me. Weight this morning 213, down 40 lbs from when this process started in June. I'll let you all know how it went as soon as I can.

I am still in ICU because my sugars are a little high. Maybe later today I will will move to a regular ward, possibly go home. Though I think another day or two wouldn't hurt. With the gov't shut down some times I am the only patient so I get a lot of care. I was lucky my surgery was Tuesday. When they came to work Wednesday they were told no more elective surgeries untill after the shut down

Thanks. The nurses I had were great. I came home Thursday afternoon. I was a little disappointed, I came home 5 lbs heavier than when I went in from all the fluids they were pushing thru the IV. After 2 days at home I still have one of those 5 lbs to lose. I've been going to the gym to walk on the treadmill and walking around the block in my neighborhood. I need to get better at keeping track of the protein and water intake, and remembering to take my vitamins. Since I don't take any of the other medications I was on I forget about the vitamins. Hopefully I will be able to stay off of everything. My allergies got better over the summer also since I was watching what I was eating so I guess a lot of those were food related. I haven't had to take any allergy meds since the surgery. My taste is the same but I seem to smell better. Well I have gone on enough, later:)

Back