• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Today's the big day!

Thank you everyone for your support & kind thoughts. I got into my post-surgery bariatric room Tues @ 6 a.m. I walked around as much as I could tolerate. Had my 1st & only hospital meal of chicken broth, sf jello, & some kinda protein clear liquid. Got released yesterday about 5 p.m., took a few short walks & ate a bit of jello, drank water, and I was wiped out!

Today I've walked the halls & outside a few times, drank 2 16 oz bottles of water & ate more jello, and will try broth with Unjury this evening. I really feel terrific. No serious pain (pain meds are helping). No nausea thank the Lord, that was my biggest fear. Hope each day is a slight improvement.

Does anyone remember when they started back on their daily meds? I put a call in to my dr.'s office about it but haven't heard back yet. Abdominal binder is working well, and no noticeable gas pain. So far so good. So much better than I could have dreamed about. Y'all helped with lots of pre- & post-surgery tips & advice. Thanks again everybody! :):)

Yay! So glad you made it through surgery and are doing well. I really didn't have a problem with gas either but I know many do. I honestly don't remember about the meds. I hope your doc gets back to you. Remember you may be tired for a while, so get plenty of rest so your body can heal. Speedy recovery!

It is great to hear you are doing so well. Keep it up and make sure you are getting plenty of rest. I know they told me not to worry about resuming meds until at least my 1st appointment. But all of my meds were for things that could change after the surgery so IDK. Sorry.

Back