• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Meg

It’s finally here! I have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow for my sleeve gastrectomy. To say I’m nervous is an understatement.... I can’t imagine how I’ll be feeling tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to be on the other side!

Meg, I remember how nervous I was leading up to my surgery date. I even had a panic attack at 2am and had to be at the hospital at 7am. This is normal how you’re feeling.

I had bypass surgery last July and have lost 72 pounds so far. I have 36 pounds to go before I reach my goal weight and couldn’t be happier. I took a 3 mile walk today (33 degrees out!). I couldn’t have imagined how much energy and how great I would feel.

Concentrate on all the things you’ll be gaining from losing weight. Let us know how you’re doing after surgery.

Hi Meg , You will be so happy once he surgery is over and done with !
I had RNY on 9-28-20 - just a little over 3 months ago and from my experience everything leading up to surgery was so much harder than the actual surgery and recovery. I was nervous didnt sleep at all the night before - was up at 4am to do prep for 6:30 am hospital arrival
as i got onto the surgery bed I thanked everyone for what they were about to do to me - next thing I knew it was 11 am and I was awake but in a different room ! mostly I was just tired - I spent 24 hours in the hospital in which you get no sleep - they wake you for meds and to walk
I went home at 11 the next morning - I slept a lot but was able to care for myself - make my own broth and what not and even shower the day after I got home. My husband took the week off to care for me but I really didnt need him for anything. Luckily my head was in the right place I was mentally ready to go - the 3 months since surgery have been pretty easy too - best of luck to you - think good thoughts only
I am so happy I did this - 55 years old and down 44 pounds since surgery.

It’s finally here! I have to be at the hospital at 6:00am tomorrow for my sleeve gastrectomy. To say I’m nervous is an understatement.... I can’t imagine how I’ll be feeling tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to be on the other side!
Yay! That's so awesome! You're going to do so well! Good luck to you! I had the sleeve gastrectomy about 8 weeks ago and I know how exciting it is! Honestly, there will be a bit or soreness for a couple of weeks and minimal pain, but it'll all be worth it! Everybody's different though... I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Congrats! And let us know how you're doing soon. Get ready to become a healthier you! :)

I’m finally on the other side! I’m in more pain than I thought I would be... just gotta get past it! Sleeping in a hospital bed on your back is no fun! Haven’t gotten much sleep... but that will change shortly, I hope!
I really didn’t sleep much in the hospital. I was up every 15 minutes drinking because I wanted to go home so bad LOL I knew once I was home I could sleep. Hope you’re able to rest and the subsides soon.

I’m finally on the other side! I’m in more pain than I thought I would be... just gotta get past it! Sleeping in a hospital bed on your back is no fun! Haven’t gotten much sleep... but that will change shortly, I hope!
Congrats! The pain will pass. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way, but you'll get there. You are on your way!

Back