• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow's the day! Nerves, fears and excitment

MelbaM

Hi all. Tomorrow is surgery day. I'm excited and pretty dang nervous too. I got up this a.m. after calling in to work because I am SO weak and shaky. Did anyone else experience this toward the end of the pre-op liquid diet? I thought it was supposed to get easier as I got used to it. I've also had my first EVER bloody nose. It only lasted less than a minute, but it's never happened to me before. I'm so afraid they will cancel the surgery for some reason and I will have suffered this pre-op shit for nothing. I know "suffering" sounds dramatic, but this has been the crummiest I've felt. I've done the Milk of Magnesia (and Smooth Move tea, Miralax, Colace and stimulant laxative) with NO success- I mean I can't even pretend I'm having success!). Would they cancel because of that? Wanted to see if any of you have experienced this BEFORE I call my nurse. I'm sure I'm experiencing normal things. Just hoping you guys can talk me off the ledge! ;)

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I experienced shakiness and feeling some crabbiness in the last few days of the pre op diet, but you should really contact the nurse or PA regarding the constipation issue. I had a lot of constipation issues directly after my sleeve surgery but it's gotten better as I've recovered.

Hi guys, well I’m doing ok. Pretty sore and oh the gas pain. I’ve been up and walking. Have a timer that they gave me at the hospital to go off every 20 mins to drink water. I’m wearing an abdominal binder that I keep on all the time. And holy bruising- it covers half my abdomen. I talked to the nurse and she said that’s pretty normal. :). Not hungry whatsoever so that’s a huge plus! ;)

Hi guys, well I’m doing ok. Pretty sore and oh the gas pain. I’ve been up and walking. Have a timer that they gave me at the hospital to go off every 20 mins to drink water. I’m wearing an abdominal binder that I keep on all the time. And holy bruising- it covers half my abdomen. I talked to the nurse and she said that’s pretty normal. :). Not hungry whatsoever so that’s a huge plus! ;)
The timer goes off every 10 mins, not 20.

Back