• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow's the day!

You'll be fine. You're joining thousands of people who've had RYGB surgery for the last 50 years. The technique is so perfect now, it's hard to imagine they could improve it, but they do manage to keep improving! You'll be so glad when it's all over and a few weeks have passed, and that doesn't even refer to the weight loss you'll notice as it melts off. Follow your doctor and nutritionist's orders and you'll change your life.

You'll be fine. You're joining thousands of people who've had RYGB surgery for the last 50 years. The technique is so perfect now, it's hard to imagine they could improve it, but they do manage to keep improving! You'll be so glad when it's all over and a few weeks have passed, and that doesn't even refer to the weight loss you'll notice as it melts off. Follow your doctor and nutritionist's orders and you'll change your life.
Thank you! Reading your post before I leave for surgery centers me.

Hi Everybody: To all of you who welcomed me, Thank You! Your kind words of encouragement really make a difference. Well, my RNY was two days ago and, is it ok to say I feel fantastic? I was prepared for all the nausea and pain the Dr office said was common. But, so far, it's been ok. I feel "pulling" at the incisions and still have a gas bubble in my upper right shoulder but, overall, much better than I was prepared for. I'm committed to every step of this long haul so, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for welcoming me.

Hi Everybody: To all of you who welcomed me, Thank You! Your kind words of encouragement really make a difference. Well, my RNY was two days ago and, is it ok to say I feel fantastic? I was prepared for all the nausea and pain the Dr office said was common. But, so far, it's been ok. I feel "pulling" at the incisions and still have a gas bubble in my upper right shoulder but, overall, much better than I was prepared for. I'm committed to every step of this long haul so, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for welcoming me.
That’s wonderful! Welcome to the other side. It’s all down hill from here, scale-wise ;)

Good for you! 2 days post-op, I'm feeling good. Touch base any time as you get closer to your big day!
Welcome to our group, and to your new healthier life. You've already faced lots of challenges by making the decision to have WLS, which shows you & everyone else just how courageous you are. I can't wait to hear how you do and feel as your journey progresses. Congrats!!!

Back