• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Too good to be true?

JGranger

I found these protein chips at Target the other day, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the nutrition information- 19 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and only 140 calories! The brand is Quest, and they have several flavors. So far I have only tried the Loaded Taco flavor, and they are pretty tasty. The texture is very light, but the taste is good. A little salty, like most of these types of snacks, so that's something to keep in mind. They won't make you forget about Doritos, but as an occasional snack that provides a huge amount of protein, they seem to be a good choice. They are not cheap unfortunately, about $2/serving, but they are on sale at Target this week (20% off with the Target Circle app). I went back and bought some of the other varieties. You know, for science.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 36
I've eaten those too when I can get them reasonably priced. I like the loaded taco flavor. Haven't tried the others but it helped me a little early on when I was craving crunchy texture after going through all the softer foods I was eating. Good to know Target has them on sale, I will check that out. I like to keep lots of protein options ready.

During the liquid and pureed phase I had a hard time getting to 60 g of protein a day, but now that I’m on all regular food, I’m crushing my protein goals. I make a huge batch of kodiak cake waffles and freeze them so I can just pop them in the toaster everyday. That being 18 grams of protein (because I use milk instead of water and add an egg to the batter), really gets my morning started. Next batch I’m going to add unflavored protein powder to the batter because the unflavored I have tasted horrible in water but it’ll be well hidden in the waffle batter. So that should really bump the protein levels up. We’ve been encouraging our 12 year old to eat better, and part of that is my grocery buying habits, so no more fluffy junk, but we’re getting their lunches from school once a week since they’re doing virtual, and the nutrition info is with the cooking instructions. The food is shockingly high in protein, so that makes me feel pretty good about the school lunches LOL

I found these protein chips at Target the other day, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the nutrition information- 19 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and only 140 calories! The brand is Quest, and they have several flavors. So far I have only tried the Loaded Taco flavor, and they are pretty tasty. The texture is very light, but the taste is good. A little salty, like most of these types of snacks, so that's something to keep in mind. They won't make you forget about Doritos, but as an occasional snack that provides a huge amount of protein, they seem to be a good choice. They are not cheap unfortunately, about $2/serving, but they are on sale at Target this week (20% off with the Target Circle app). I went back and bought some of the other varieties. You know, for science.

the Chile lime green bag are so good ! They are mild spicy not really bad Incase you don’t like spicy .

During the liquid and pureed phase I had a hard time getting to 60 g of protein a day, but now that I’m on all regular food, I’m crushing my protein goals. I make a huge batch of kodiak cake waffles and freeze them so I can just pop them in the toaster everyday. That being 18 grams of protein (because I use milk instead of water and add an egg to the batter), really gets my morning started. Next batch I’m going to add unflavored protein powder to the batter because the unflavored I have tasted horrible in water but it’ll be well hidden in the waffle batter. So that should really bump the protein levels up. We’ve been encouraging our 12 year old to eat better, and part of that is my grocery buying habits, so no more fluffy junk, but we’re getting their lunches from school once a week since they’re doing virtual, and the nutrition info is with the cooking instructions. The food is shockingly high in protein, so that makes me feel pretty good about the school lunches LOL
What are kodiak cake waffles?

Back