• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Trying to get back on the horse

jcox

It has been almost five years since by bypass surgery and am determined to get back to pursuing my goal. My best friend is having revision surgery from band to sleeve today. Her commitment has given me the encouragement to return. I have been thinking about this for a while now, but I am making today my starting point. Back in the saddle again!

It has been almost five years since by bypass surgery and am determined to get back to pursuing my goal. My best friend is having revision surgery from band to sleeve today. Her commitment has given me the encouragement to return. I have been thinking about this for a while now, but I am making today my starting point. Back in the saddle again!

Giddieup! You go girl. Good luck, best wishes

Yes!!! Go, go, go!!! You can do it. You have a great tool to help you and many cheerleaders!!!!! Woot!!!! T.

5 years later and you still have kept off 100+ pounds; congratulations.

However, what isn't said is where you got to and how much you regained.

It does happen to many people.

That is why the local bariatric support group is so important to help you stay on track and to have constant contact with folks in your area who are experiencing similar challenges and work with them to know you can continue to move downward toward whatever goal you have set.

I use logging, this forum and a local support group to help me stay on track.

I am happy you didn't give up. I sense you are at a critical point so yes get back on the wagon. Start with the 5 day pouch test or something like that or emulate your first month post op meal programs again to get your weight moving downward again.

Good luck.

No I take that back . This isn't good luck. This is good planning and good habits winning over old bad habits.

Ralph

Help!! Discouraged In Oklahoma!!

:(:(I had my Sleeve surgery in August 2012. I have only lost 75 lbs. I know other women that have lost all of their weight. How do I get back on track. I have had a lot of stress since my surgery. I need some advise as to where I need to start. Do I need to go back to the liquids only?

Back