• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Two days post op - sleeve

Hjd

Hello everyone! I’m new to the group. Had the sleeve surgery on Wednesday 3/11. Questions about pain...I don’t have any incision pain. I physically feel great. No hunger etc... I seem to be struggling with gas pain. Shooting pain between my breasts. Has anyone else had this and can you share how long it lasted?
thank you

Hello everyone! I’m new to the group. Had the sleeve surgery on Wednesday 3/11. Questions about pain...I don’t have any incision pain. I physically feel great. No hunger etc... I seem to be struggling with gas pain. Shooting pain between my breasts. Has anyone else had this and can you share how long it lasted?
thank you
Congratulations on your surgery! Gas pain is normal for a few days post surgery. Walking is the best way to work that out of your system. My doctor also recommended an OTC gas remedy like Gas-X or Phazyme.

thank you
My gas pain radiated to my back and shoulders, they told me that it was normal, some people feel it differently. It went away after a few days of walking so I'm sure yours will too. :) Congrats on your surgery!!!

thank you
sounds like the pain I had after surgery. they said it was the air they pumped into me during the surgery. when I got the pains I would get up and walk, that helps a lot. the 3rd. day home we started walking at a walking track and I took an easy lap. started walking daily.the best I can remember it lasted just a few days.

Back