• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Two days post op

I'm having a hard time 'eating'. I'm drinking water so that I don't get dehydrated but then I'm too full to have shakes or broth. Any advice on this?
I wasn't hungry for the first week post op. I just made sure I kept hydrated and I finally was able to sip some broth. Staying hydrated, like you are, is the most important thing right now.

I'm having a hard time 'eating'. I'm drinking water so that I don't get dehydrated but then I'm too full to have shakes or broth. Any advice on this?
it take awhile to be able to get everything in, I am about 6 weeks out and still have issues somedays... I still have no real belly hunger.... Try sipping on a shake in place of a water.... switch back and forth...

it take awhile to be able to get everything in, I am about 6 weeks out and still have issues somedays... I still have no real belly hunger.... Try sipping on a shake in place of a water.... switch back and forth...

I finally managed to get in a yogurt in the morning and a bit of protein shake. Feeling a bit low in energy, so I'm not walking as much as I originally had 'planned' to. But I'm trying to get my water in! Good luck!

I finally managed to get in a yogurt in the morning and a bit of protein shake. Feeling a bit low in energy, so I'm not walking as much as I originally had 'planned' to. But I'm trying to get my water in! Good luck!
I also put my shake in different container and freeze it the eat it like ice cream, made it easier to get down sometimes... Also try the sugar free popsical's you can get any where... walmart has been cheapest to find them so far... I had to force myself to walk during the sluggish times... Still have them from time to time

I also put my shake in different container and freeze it the eat it like ice cream, made it easier to get down sometimes... Also try the sugar free popsical's you can get any where... walmart has been cheapest to find them so far... I had to force myself to walk during the sluggish times... Still have them from time to time

That's a great idea to freeze the shake! Already I'm getting bored with yogurt and shakes. I don't love pudding or popsicles. So that leaves shakes and yogurts. And I'm finding dairy does not like me. So I had to go get soy yogurt and dairy free yogurt. Almond yogurt was yuck (sorry if anyone likes it) but the soy was good. Problem with that is that it's not sugar free. So I think I'm going to have to order the tasteless protein powder you've mentioned to balance out the fruit.

at two weeks post op check with your surgeon but believe that is week 3 when you can eat measured amts of pureed foods. get an appt to see your surgeon asap. in the mine while go out and by muscle milk that has tons of protein and sip water through out your day. if your only drinking water you're not getting any protein this has many bas side affects

I am wondering what size container you're drinking from. I will have to use the small shot glasses. Also if you feel you need to intake more than just water wait 30 minutes between drinks. This advice from my bariatric team.

Back