• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Two days post-op

Jniz

My wife Julie had her RNY surgery Tuesday about 2:30 PM and she was a bit out of it but overall doing better than I expected that night. She looked good Wednesday and I took her home around noon. It is over an hour to our house and she said the trip home was hard and she slept quite a bit of the afternoon. She had a hard time getting the 64 oz of H20 in on Wednesday but is on track today. Today she is doing quite well overall, she still has some gas and is taking longer walks to help get rid of the gas.

So far it has gone quite well she has experienced some hunger but better today. Our Dr. only had her on liquids the day before surgery. And is following the same eating plan post that most people on this site refer to.

Were keeping our fingers crossed and have hope that the journey will continue to go smoothly.

I’m still scheduled to have RNY on 8/17! I’m ready! My food compulsion to eat crap is alive and well and doing my best to eat healthy.

J

My wife Julie had her RNY surgery Tuesday about 2:30 PM and she was a bit out of it but overall doing better than I expected that night. She looked good Wednesday and I took her home around noon. It is over an hour to our house and she said the trip home was hard and she slept quite a bit of the afternoon. She had a hard time getting the 64 oz of H20 in on Wednesday but is on track today. Today she is doing quite well overall, she still has some gas and is taking longer walks to help get rid of the gas.

So far it has gone quite well she has experienced some hunger but better today. Our Dr. only had her on liquids the day before surgery. And is following the same eating plan post that most people on this site refer to.

Were keeping our fingers crossed and have hope that the journey will continue to go smoothly.

I’m still scheduled to have RNY on 8/17! I’m ready! My food compulsion to eat crap is alive and well and doing my best to eat healthy.

J
Your wife is a lucky woman.

Back