• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unable to digest meat

I struggle with ground beef and chicken (if dry), or anything that is overly dry. That said, it is common to have changes to tastes and tolerances, especially early on post op. I would supplement with protein powder and keep trying the meats here and there in small quantities. I found that there were several things I could not stand to eat post op, because my sense of smell and taste were heightened and sensitive, but now I am eating more normally again.

I am having trouble finding what I can tolerate and what I can’t. So far chili, refried beans, yogurt, really soft stuff sits the best! Even 2 months out. I can tolerate some meat but it varies literally with each meal. And eggs are gross to me now. Alot of things actually are! I drink a lot of protein shakes. But it is a struggle trying to figure out this new way of eating!
I'm only a month out and I'm really, really struggling trying to figure out what I can and can't have. I've literally had dumping syndrome for a week now. As much as I hate the idea, gonna do thick liquids for awhile. Protein shakes here I come (again).

I struggle with ground beef and chicken (if dry), or anything that is overly dry. That said, it is common to have changes to tastes and tolerances, especially early on post op. I would supplement with protein powder and keep trying the meats here and there in small quantities. I found that there were several things I could not stand to eat post op, because my sense of smell and taste were heightened and sensitive, but now I am eating more normally again.
I thought I was imagining it, but it seems my sense of smell is heightened too. Thank you for confirming I wasn't crazy!

Back