• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Update on Me

Debbie S

Hello everyone. Just a little update on me. I am 3-1/2 months post op (almost 4) and am down 86 pounds. I am feeling good other than tired.

CONGRATULATIONS Debbie!!!

86lb is AWESOME!!! Wow! Keep up the great work! :)

If you are feeling overly tired you might try eating more protein.

Best Wishes,

Cheyenne :cool:

Hello everyone. Just a little update on me. I am 3-1/2 months post op (almost 4) and am down 86 pounds. I am feeling good other than tired.

Fantastic and congratulations.

Keep up the good work.

Before you know a year will go by and you will be so much closer to or at your goal weight.

Ralph

Congrats. I ran into feeling very tired a lot too. My nutritionist suggested that I add fruit - which I did and it helped but it also triggered my sugar craving. Not good it is much harder to stop the sugar once it's started But fruit for most people doesn't trigger but adds some natural sugar for energy

Thanks everyone! As of today, I am 5 months into this and down 100 pounds!!!

I find that if i eat anything within my sugar range (10g or less) then only a couple to 3 bites and I'm done. Normally i would prefer bananas or pineapples or oranges (sometimes grapes)-- some of these i have to be careful on consumption because i don't want to over do it.

I have discovered i cannot tolerate pasta. It makes me feel sick to my stomach after i eat it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Try again.

Didn't like my first entry.

First of all you are doing awesome.

As to pasta it is something you should not be having yet! Wait until you get to goal.

I hope you are following your guidelines, protein first and the.... veggies and carbs but limited. It sounds like you are.

At 5 months out there are foods you will not tolerate. Perhaps over time you will again. But don't be surprised if there are foods that you can never try again.

For example, I cannot do hamburgers! Too much fat. The only hamburger meat I can consume is the 10% fat variety, which isn't found in a typical hamburger. A typical hamburger is more like 40% fat and I will definitely dump.

Also, forget bacon! One bite of bacon and I have trouble. However, there are foods that you can once again enjoy later in your journey. I couldn't do salads the first year. Now, I can but again in limited quantities.

This is all very personal.

But wait until you reach goal before branching out too much into foods that you might have some issues with.

When I have pasta it is a small quantity like less than a 1/2 cup and I am 18months + out and at goal for over a year now.

So, best wishes,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph! I am discovering there are a lot of foods that I cannot or do not like any more. While this new life is rewarding, it is also interesting. Oddly enough salads (very small moderation) seems to be fine with me. I mostly eat protein and veggies, and limited carbs.

Thanks for all your support!

CONGRATULATIONS on losing 100lb in 5 months! You're doing WONDERFUL!!!

Everyone is different on what foods that they can't eat, what foods they can tolerate and what foods they thrive on. I can eat any fish, meat or eggs and do wonderful. I couldn't eat any bread the first year or I would throw up. Now I can eat a small amount of it but it still makes me queasy.

Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne

Back