• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Update on Surgery Postponement

Badgy

So the VA called and had me re-enroll in the pre-bariatric classes for another 16 weeks. This time instead of phone recordings and a workbook, I will have to login to a live webinar ON CAMERA just like an in person weight group.

Should be fun. At least I'll have competition, which I kinda need, and accountability, which I definitely need. Plus, I'll have to get up and shower and get all pretty for the camera.

Been slacking this week. Totally not recording food, not tracking calories, probably gained back a lot of what I fought so hard to lose. Why do we do that? Ugh.

Weather breaking hopefully soon. I need some fresh air and open windows. I need some green trees, budding flowers and busy buzzy bees! I need spring!

Happy to hear things are back on!
Me too! But I lost that intense focus I had before... And the excitement. I'm not feeling the same energy and hope this time. It's hard when you eat like a bird and only lose one pound a week then can gain that all back in one week of normal human eating. I guess that's why I'm getting the surgery in the first place.

I think I'm just leery of getting my hopes up again.

Me too! But I lost that intense focus I had before... And the excitement. I'm not feeling the same energy and hope this time. It's hard when you eat like a bird and only lose one pound a week then can gain that all back in one week of normal human eating. I guess that's why I'm getting the surgery in the first place.

I think I'm just leery of getting my hopes up again.
Badgy I'm sorry for what's going on with you and everybody else who's been postponed. It's easy to say, "Try to stay positive." But it is very hard to do. I have missed your silly sense of humor lately. If you're feeling okay enough, I hope you will give us an update. Feels like it's been a long time.

Back