• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vacation and diet dont mix well

Carolyn270

I am enjoying myself a little too much away from home. I need to return to the diet immediately. Its hard when your staying in a hotel. And tend to eat out a lot. Today i had a quesadilla. From taco bell. Hmph. Then i went to the grocery store and bought 25$ worth of fruit with cheese and crackers. Thats better right? Idk what all that fruit will do to my sugar but...if yall have suggestions Im all ears. And keep in mind this hotel has no kitchenette. Thanks.

I agree with you! When I went out for a few days away from home I drank and ate terribly! I say enjoy yourself on vacation, keep your sugars normal though and worry about getting back on track when your home. :p Otherwise, just choose high protein foods when you eat out and maybe throw in a protein shake during the times you don't eat out and are just relaxing ;)

It is almost time for me to go on vacation with the family. I will admit vacations are kind of a challenge, getting in the daily vitamins and calcium and protein while trying to relax and enjoy the time off. My days off mess with my schedule the most and this will be a whole week off. I'm thinking I might just set a timer on my phone for every couple of hours to remind me to be on track!

It is almost time for me to go on vacation with the family. I will admit vacations are kind of a challenge, getting in the daily vitamins and calcium and protein while trying to relax and enjoy the time off. My days off mess with my schedule the most and this will be a whole week off. I'm thinking I might just set a timer on my phone for every couple of hours to remind me to be on track!
I hope that timer idea works well for you. I did a lot of running around and hardly sat still til i was hungry. I am back in my routine now but i miss the things i should not have. My stomach did not complain of what I ate so i ate a little to well. The first day or two back i weighed more but after the third day my weight dropped below what it was when i left home. I fond that weirdly amazing. Especially since I was less active when i came back. Happy vacationing.

Back