• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins and nutriition

When do you start vitamins? My paper they gave me says multivitamins. And can you eat all the salads you like and yogurt starting now ? When you just started this weight loss journey?I am full of qurstions. What about sugar free stuff? I know and understand bout not having pop etc.

Hi Chick, this sort of question is one that you should ask of your nutritionist. And you should have a nutritionist as you prepare for surgery. The nutritionist is just as important as the surgeon. He or she will advise you about the supplements you need to take. There are also many, many posts here you can find by searching using terms like "vitamins" to find out what other members do. One such post I always think of is one from Brenda, who takes some kind of supplement that covers a lot of bases. I can't quote it, but I hope Brenda will pop up and point to it.

In the meantime you can always read my little resource about the vitamins and minerals and supplements I take. It is posted in our Latest Resource section, here:

Thank you and my name is Suzie. I am seeing the nutritionist on the 21st. I have plans to ask her and will go by what she says. I wanted to see what advice y'all would give me I appreciate it

Thank you and my name is Suzie. I am seeing the nutritionist on the 21st. I have plans to ask her and will go by what she says. I wanted to see what advice y'all would give me I appreciate it

Hi Suzie and welcome. :)

As Diane mentioned, my nutritionist has me taking: “Bariatric Fusion Complete Chewable Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement”.

I take it 4 times a day but that’s all I need to take. No tracking doses of additional vitamins/supplements. I love that convenience!

If your nutritionist agrees that this would meet your needs, you can order it right from Amazon for about $30/month (again, convenient):

https://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Fusion-Multivitamin-Supplement-Gastrectomy/dp/B0170OBPGQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=bariatric+fusion+chewable+vitamins+cherry&qid=1563075589&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&th=1

They are a little chalky (like tums) but I've gotten used to that. I like the wild cherry flavor best.

Wishing you best of luck on your journey. :)

Hi! I take multivitamins and also Pilopeptan for hair loss. I checked with my doctor first and he said it looked fine since it mainly contains amino acids. and I see my hair growing back strongly. I took the intensive formula for 15 days then started the pills. The website is GenoveUSA.com.

Hi Suzie and welcome. :)

As Diane mentioned, my nutritionist has me taking: “Bariatric Fusion Complete Chewable Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement”.

I take it 4 times a day but that’s all I need to take. No tracking doses of additional vitamins/supplements. I love that convenience!

If your nutritionist agrees that this would meet your needs, you can order it right from Amazon for about $30/month (again, convenient):

https://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Fusion-Multivitamin-Supplement-Gastrectomy/dp/B0170OBPGQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=bariatric+fusion+chewable+vitamins+cherry&qid=1563075589&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&th=1

They are a little chalky (like tums) but I've gotten used to that. I like the wild cherry flavor best.

Wishing you best of luck on your journey. :)
I started taking these in the mixed berry flavor after Brenda recommended them, they don’t taste bad at all, and very convenient

Back