• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

vitamins and supplement requirements.

boo62

Hello, I am new here. After surgery there were a lot of complications. Long stays in and out of hospital. It was very bad for 2 years. I then developed Celiac disease which took 5 years to diagnose. My issues to date is malabsorption, which has caused all kinds of problems. I am looking for advice on the best vitamins and supplements etc that will help me build back some health. thank in advance. Any advice would be much appreciated. boo62

i have a question i am 13 months after my gastric sleeve and i have gained like 7 pounds and i also feel very bloated in my stomach. i have a hard time taking my vitamins. help please with some advice.
you need more advice than we can give you. you need to go to urgent care if you feel bloated, and see your doctor for an in-depth follow-up immediately.

take care of the weight gain and the bloat and i'll be more than happy to share my supplement advice.

I'm going to use you right now as a symbol of what people should NOT do after surgery. you've gone more than a year without any significant or deep communication of your symptoms. no doctor would let you do this so either you have a quack or you dropped the ball.

your life depends on taking a holistic approach to this surgery and diet. I don't mean to sound like i'm picking on you but in the very few words you typed, i was horrified.

fyi, surgery doesn't cure an eating disorder which can be physical and mental. sounds to me like you're not in touch with your whole story and array of symptoms.

please keep us posted.

Before I even had surgery my dr talked about how the absorption of medicines and food will change because of the surgery. The small bites and chewing to help your body adjust for starters. Medicines with slow release over time were not encouraged. The recommendation was chewable for best results. But not gummies. Too sugary. This is really what you and your new dr need to establish in the beginning. May you find success and positive results.

Back