• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins

I believe you can’t take them with the multivitamins either. They cancel each other out. Should be at least 2 hours apart. That’s why I just do one pill a day and a vitamin D to avoid confusion and try and get in what my body needs. the ProCare Bariatric multivitamins for me also curves cravings.

I recently ordered and received a sampler kit from celebrate. It has lots of different vitamins and flavors to try for taste etc. It costs $10 but comes with a $10 coupon - so they are free if you end up buying from them for real. I have not tried them yet but will report back!

I haven't been doing calcium as 1. The pills are to big. 2 I was struggling to keep them apart from my other vitamins and still take them. When I talked to my nutritionist she sated that they would like to see them taken apart but that if I struggled to do that to go ahead and take it with my other vitamins as "some" is better than none.

What other vitamin did she say to take them with. It shouldn’t be taken with iron or the multivitamins. They cancel each other out so your body won’t get what it needs. Have you tried the chews? I agree they are huge pills, but my insurance only pays for pills.

I take Bariatric Fusion (2 pills morning and evening) along with iron (after lunch), B12 and D. I just had my 3 month appointment and all my levels look good, so I'm sticking with that routine, at least until my 6 month appointment. The Bariatric Fusion pills cost $27 per bottle and last 30 days, but I bought one bottle of each flavor to see what I liked. Next time I order I will just order one flavor and the price goes down to about $21 of you buy a year's worth. I prefer the convenience of taking less pills, plus I figured I'm saving WAY more than $21 per month just by not eating fast food for lunch any more, so cost is not really a factor.

What other vitamin did she say to take them with. It shouldn’t be taken with iron or the multivitamins. They cancel each other out so your body won’t get what it needs. Have you tried the chews? I agree they are huge pills, but my insurance only pays for pills.
I take Bariatric Fusion (2 pills morning and evening) along with iron (after lunch), B12 and D. I just had my 3 month appointment and all my levels look good, so I'm sticking with that routine, at least until my 6 month appointment. The Bariatric Fusion pills cost $27 per bottle and last 30 days, but I bought one bottle of each flavor to see what I liked. Next time I order I will just order one flavor and the price goes down to about $21 of you buy a year's worth. I prefer the convenience of taking less pills, plus I figured I'm saving WAY more than $21 per month just by not eating fast food for lunch any more, so cost is not really a factor.
I only pay $40 for a 3 month supply. I prefer just one pill a day. I can’t do all the different flavors I have reflux and don’t want to take chances but the same company makes both pills. But it’s required to take 4 pills a day! You only need at least 100% of daily value of each supplement.

I space out my supplements and Rxs 4 times a day because minerals do cancel each other out. I take probiotics, glucosamine chondroitin, iron, Vit C, D, B complex, high-potency chewable multis, and 500mg calcium x3.

People should be very aware of their needs before stocking up. I consulted with my doc, as well as my nutritionist after surgery.

I was worried about capsules and gel-caps. Some of the supplements I take do come that way. I just tuck them into my cheeks until they start to soften, then swallow. This was unpleasant with fish oil caps. I knew it was time to swallow when the taste of cod liver started in my mouth!

It's so important to take supplements. A metabolic panel will give you the guidance you need.

And read the labels. Flintstones chewable have identical amounts as Centrum (Or at least they did 14 years ago) so don't pay more than you have to.

The supplements market is filled with fraud, so do your homework. No one gets adequate nutrition from a daily diet, and it's even harder after WLS. But you don't have to go overboard. Nothing is more important than matching them to your needs.

Attachments

• 20190528_150202.jpg
    20190528_150202.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190528_150100.jpg
    20190528_150100.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 38
Just had my 6 month check in. Since we had snow last night and my appointment was early in the day I was able to switch it to a teleheath appt, so I was glad about that. The only deficiency I had with was vitamin A, so I am adding that supplement. I am glad my iron is finally where it needs to be, and I also had a problem after my surgeries and sepsis episode with potassium, which was supplemented early on post surgery and that is fine too without any supplements. So I am pretty happy. :)

I honestly don't remember as it was planned to take all my stuff at once and then wait at least an hour for the calcium.

I take: vit d, vit b, multi x2, 40 mg of anti acid x2, the med for gall stones and I have another med that is for something else not related to bariatric stuff. I was also taking a migraine med but stopped that.

I space out my supplements and Rxs 4 times a day because minerals do cancel each other out. I take probiotics, glucosamine chondroitin, iron, Vit C, D, B complex, high-potency chewable multis, and 500mg calcium x3.

People should be very aware of their needs before stocking up. I consulted with my doc, as well as my nutritionist after surgery.

I was worried about capsules and gel-caps. Some of the supplements I take do come that way. I just tuck them into my cheeks until they start to soften, then swallow. This was unpleasant with fish oil caps. I knew it was time to swallow when the taste of cod liver started in my mouth!

It's so important to take supplements. A metabolic panel will give you the guidance you need.

And read the labels. Flintstones chewable have identical amounts as Centrum (Or at least they did 14 years ago) so don't pay more than you have to.

The supplements market is filled with fraud, so do your homework. No one gets adequate nutrition from a daily diet, and it's even harder after WLS. But you don't have to go overboard. Nothing is more important than matching them to your needs.
Do you mind if I ask what does your high potency vitamin consist of, just found out I am low in vitamin D again always have been especially with iron since the birth of my last child 17 years ago.

I use Trader Joe's High Potency Women's Chewable. If you look at my attached photos you'll see I get most of my supplements at TJs. I always read labels. I disagree with 100 RDAs. What I don't get from the sups, I get from my diet. My bloodwork is consistent with that.

One more thing. Do NOT take calcium carbonate. Opt for Calcium Citrate.

You can take water soluble Vitamins in any amount. What your body can't use, you just piss away. But with fat soluble Vites and Mins, be sure stick to the ESA and other wisdom. Too many can be toxic.

Your holistic nutritional approach starts with food and continues with supplements. And to give a shout out to probiotics, I can't tell you how infrequently I pick up sniffles and worse since I started taking the PB8.

My blood panels are exceptional. I credit this to healthy diet and supplements.

I use Trader Joe's High Potency Women's Chewable. If you look at my attached photos you'll see I get most of my supplements at TJs. I always read labels. I disagree with 100 RDAs. What I don't get from the sups, I get from my diet. My bloodwork is consistent with that.

One more thing. Do NOT take calcium carbonate. Opt for Calcium Citrate.

You can take water soluble Vitamins in any amount. What your body can't use, you just piss away. But with fat soluble Vites and Mins, be sure stick to the ESA and other wisdom. Too many can be toxic.

Your holistic nutritional approach starts with food and continues with supplements. And to give a shout out to probiotics, I can't tell you how infrequently I pick up sniffles and worse since I started taking the PB8.

My blood panels are exceptional. I credit this to healthy diet and supplements.
I will ask my doctor about Citrate I have had problems with vitamin D way before surgery. They gave me high potions to bring it up but certain times of the year it just tanks but I am pleased with my Bariatric one a day multivitamins just have to work on the vitamin D that’s the only thing that came in low.

Back