• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
I have been fighting for revision since 2017. My sleeve was completely in August 2014. It's funny that officially revision is not considered a major required procedure but an elective. I hate that the compensation from my employer does not have bariatric surgery revision a mandatory component. In the USA working people pay impart for their health care insurance. As a nation it needs to be understood that "obesity" is a disease.

I am sorry you are having trouble with insurance covering the cost of your revision. You would think it would be a "no brainer" for insurance companies to cover the cost of bariatric surgery. I finally saw the charges for my sleeve procedure (done in January this year) and the overall cost is FAR LOWER than the annual cost of the current popular diabetic drugs being prescribed for weight loss. And my procedure was in Boston, where the cost of living and health care is among the highest in the USA.

I love the comment about comprehensive support. I really wish more bariatric centers had mental health care attached. My program did 2 years of free follow up with a nutritionist. But, aside from the initial evaluation, no one addresses the mental changes needed for success.

It is a huge mental adjustment. And I believe the lack of focus on the mental aspect is why so many people end up with serious regain. If we could be trusted to just change our own behavior, we would not have needed WLS to begin with lol

Back