• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting to Exhale

skinny me

I have been coming to this site for several months now and just decided that I needed to get with it and not be a ghost reader. February will be my last visit to the Lifestyle classes required by my insurance carry. I have noticed that so many have the some of the smae issues that I am experincing; I cant wait to walk across the parking lot without getting out of breath, or just go to the bathroom without doing the peepee dance. I have questions but I'll post a little later. I'm disappointed about surgery schedule, surgeon schedule is filling up I was hopping to have the surgery and post op visit prior to going out of the county...nothing seems to go as planned. Of course I didn't plan on being morbid obese, with shortness of breath, stress incontinence, hypertension, CAD, and depressed. What a plan. So I decided to get with a better plan get fit, and foxy n fourteen. I'll come back soon.

I have been coming to this site for several months now and just decided that I needed to get with it and not be a ghost reader. February will be my last visit to the Lifestyle classes required by my insurance carry. I have noticed that so many have the some of the smae issues that I am experincing; I cant wait to walk across the parking lot without getting out of breath, or just go to the bathroom without doing the peepee dance. I have questions but I'll post a little later. I'm disappointed about surgery schedule, surgeon schedule is filling up I was to have the surgery and post op visit prior to going out of the county...nothing seems to go as planned. Of course I didn't plan on being morbid obese, with shortness of breath, stress incontinence, hypertension, CAD, and depressed. What a plan. So I decided to get with a better plan get fit, and foxy n fourteen. I'll come back soon.

WELCOME!!! Glad you are deciding to participate on this forum :) It is a great site and there are so many knowledgeable people here. Your health will greatly improve and you will feel so much better. It is so exciting to know your new life is just around the corner. Good Luck!!!!

Cheyenne

Thank you for your welcoming...I have so many questions but most of all I need the support. My family wont even talk about WLS just how I am putting my life at risk. My life is more at risk without the surgery. We have had many family members die prematurely related to the complications associated with morbid obesity. So if you don't mind I would like to adopt this forum as my extended family. My plan, I'm single going to & from. hospital by taxi: then after post-op visit to Paris for 3 weeks, Just to have peace without being battered by the " well wishes"

Thank you for your welcoming...I have so many questions but most of all I need the support. My family wont even talk about WLS just how I am putting my life at risk. My life is more at risk without the surgery. We have had many family members die prematurely related to the complications associated with morbid obesity. So if you don't mind I would like to adopt this forum as my extended family. My plan, I'm single going to & from. hospital by taxi: then after post-op visit to Paris for 3 weeks, Just to have peace without being battered by the " well wishes"

Adopting this forum as an extended family is a wonderful idea. I for one, am pleased to be included in your new adopted family! Do you have a bariatric surgeon in Paris who can be there for you, just in case you have any problems post op?

Cheyenne. :)

My surgeon has already made the calls and has a working relationship with his colleague in Paris...I do believe he is from the states where he studied but moved his practice to France related to his wife being born there. I can see that you are a kind and caring person to be concern about my recovery in Paris. Thanks so much.

I am also new to this site and your story sounds like an echo of mine. I'm looking at surgery sometime in April hopefully. I also have no family support with the exception of my husband. My parents don't approve at all, but morbid obesity runs in my family as does diabetes. I think your idea of going to Paris for awhile is a good one. It will give you time to focus on you. I think this forum is a great place to be also. In just a few short days, I have felt the support and have gotten lots of good information. Hang in there - You are almost there!

It's funny how people rag you and rag you about your weight, but when you decide to do something about it (WLS) they're all against it. I guess at one time I thought surgery was a drastic option. But now it just feels natural. I think someone should engineer a way to make our stomachs smaller when we are born. Who needs a 22 oz stomach, anyway?
Thanks for joining and not lurking :)

My surgeon has already made the calls and has a working relationship with his colleague in Paris...I do believe he is from the states where he studied but moved his practice to France related to his wife being bornthere. I can see that you are a kind and caring person to be concern about my recovery in Paris. Thanks so much.

It sounds like you are going to be in excellent hands!!! Have a great trip and keep in touch with us if you feel up to it. :)

Cheyenne

Back