• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waking and Post-Op Blah….

Hi!
Currently 6 days post-op from VSG, I’m wondering how much other people were walking at this point. I’m still feeling fairly ‘blah’ and hoping each new day is going to be the day where I make the turn and start feeling better. Somewhat difficult to explain, just kind of blah. Lol. I’ve been able to reach at least half of the protein/liquid mark, but overall just kind of feel crappy. I know it gets better, and I’m not trying to complain, just wish there were some ideas on spending up that process.

I’m new to the forum but have found wonderful support and encouragement from all the different posts I’ve perused. Thank you all who contribute and make the ‘newbies’ feel more welcome!!

Hi!
Currently 6 days post-op from VSG, I’m wondering how much other people were walking at this point. I’m still feeling fairly ‘blah’ and hoping each new day is going to be the day where I make the turn and start feeling better. Somewhat difficult to explain, just kind of blah. Lol. I’ve been able to reach at least half of the protein/liquid mark, but overall just kind of feel crappy. I know it gets better, and I’m not trying to complain, just wish there were some ideas on spending up that process.

I’m new to the forum but have found wonderful support and encouragement from all the different posts I’ve perused. Thank you all who contribute and make the ‘newbies’ feel more welcome!!

Hi Penelope, Since you've been reading, you know that for as much as we have in common, our bodies' responses vary widely. I'll bet even as you read this, your physical feelings are changing. Just go easy on yourself and try to relax. Also, work hard at meeting your nutritional and water goals. Make that your biggest priority. You're going to feel amazing before you know it.

It’s okay to rest and let your body heal, you’ve just been through a major surgery and aren’t getting in enough calories to feel great. I found I had good days and bad, energy wise in those first couple weeks. Diane has great advice with focusing on your nutrition/fluid goals. I ended up getting Covid 3 weeks out from surgery and still feel like shit some days (I’ll be 6 weeks post-op tomorrow). Walk when you can and sip, protein, sip!

Hello. Sorry you're still feeling poorly. It does get better and healing varies person to person. I was fine within a few days, hubby was in pain and nauseous for weeks.

The most important thing is to get your protein/fluid intake up. You need both to heal.
The hospital gave me 1oz cups (you can use a shot glass) and said drink 1 every 15 minutes. I mostly made it lol But the higher your nutritional intake the better you'll heal.

Back