• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Watching

"The Invention of Lying." I'm about 10 minutes from the end and it's a solid film with tons of great actors in it. Have you seen it & if so, what did you think? i can't believe it didn't get better reviews, though Ebert gave it 3 out of 4, which proves he got it. So worth watching, and very ordinary and serene.

Also read about a new movie that's getting superbuzz--"First Cow," written and directed by a woman, Kelly Reichardt. She also directed a very unsettling film called "Night Moves," which I wish I hadn't watched, because you can't unwatch something. She's an Oregonian, I think, and sets many of her films in the state of Oregon.

Sounds like her current film has broad appeal. Fascinating plot. There's a trailer out now, so you can watch it if you want.

"The Invention of Lying." I'm about 10 minutes from the end and it's a solid film with tons of great actors in it. Have you seen it & if so, what did you think? i can't believe it didn't get better reviews, though Ebert gave it 3 out of 4, which proves he got it. So worth watching, and very ordinary and serene.

Also read about a new movie that's getting superbuzz--"First Cow," written and directed by a woman, Kelly Reichardt. She also directed a very unsettling film called "Night Moves," which I wish I hadn't watched, because you can't unwatch something. She's an Oregonian, I think, and sets many of her films in the state of Oregon.

Sounds like her current film has broad appeal. Fascinating plot. There's a trailer out now, so you can watch it if you want.

I thought The Invention of Lying was pretty good. Saw it a long time ago don’t know about First Cow looks kinda boring

A Ghost Story NP.

Is it me or is this the most boring, self-indulgent-director-cinematographer movie ever made? I've been grabbing the icon & moving it forward a lot, and it's appropriate because as I watch the little thumbnails, I can tell there's no talking or relating, just a guy in a bedsheet standing there being photgraphed from every angle. There's also supposedly a disturbing image in it, and I just don't want to see it, so I'm trying to locate it in miniature so I can skip ahead of it.

First Cow is described as a Western, in part, and there are representations of stealing and conning, wild west style. If I had money to spare, I'd go see it. Supposedly it's layered and surprising, and I do like relationship movies, from harry and sally to smith and jones (will and tommy lee).

no problem. you wouldn't believe the movies I had to pass on because they were so dull or full of themselves. La La Land comes to mind. Tried to watch it 5 times, never made it. Oh, and believe it or not, I was so offended by the aggression that was building in the movie Thelma and Louise, I couldn't finish it. I think I got through the Brad Pitt in a motel stuff, but I know a lot of other things happened before the end, and I had already lost interest.

Yeah, the one with Casey Affleck. I will say the last two or three minutes were the best in the film and I did have an emotional response, but the rest... uchhhhh.

What do you think of Magnolia?

no problem. you wouldn't believe the movies I had to pass on because they were so dull or full of themselves. La La Land comes to mind. Tried to watch it 5 times, never made it. Oh, and believe it or not, I was so offended by the aggression that was building in the movie Thelma and Louise, I couldn't finish it. I think I got through the Brad Pitt in a motel stuff, but I know a lot of other things happened before the end, and I had already lost interest.

Yeah, the one with Casey Affleck. I will say the last two or three minutes were the best in the film and I did have an emotional response, but the rest... uchhhhh.

What do you think of Magnolia?
Yeah LALA Land and Thelma and Louise didn’t like either one. Magnolia I thought was ok. Was going to ask you do you have a Fire Stick or Roku ?

I just have the smallest possible cable package so I can have internet oh, so I have like 10 channels or something. But I did sign up for prime because I wanted to be able to watch videos there and I signed up for Netflix which is starting to get kind of old and then I found out that you could sign up for free IMDb TV. So I signed up for that. I do have a Hulu stick but my modem isn't configured right. I just am so exhausted from trying to get Xfinity to do things right without spending 3 hours on the phone making me hold while they try this and that, that I haven't called in to have it fixed yet. I will though eventually because I love movies.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. How about another brush with a celebrity story? I saw an album at the Payless drug store when I was about 19 years old by Todd Rundgren. It was his first solo record. I was so captivated by his photograph on the cover and hisLaura Nyro sound, but I didn't even own a stereo yet. I just kept going back to the store and looking at that record and wishing I could buy it.

Eventually I got my first turntable and stereo system and that was my first record that I ever bought with that system. I bought every one of his records after that until she got heavily into the Utopia thing and then he really lost me. However, for non Todd fans, Faithful is an extremely amazing album to buy for sampling eventually I got my first turntable and stereo system and that was my first record that I ever bought with that system. I bought every one of his records after that until she got heavily into the Utopia thing and then he really lost me. however, for non Todd fans, faithful is an extremely amazing album to buy for sampling.

I used to draw his picture and read all the liner notes and studied up on his musicianship and lyrics and pretty much spent a lot of time everyday listening to Todd Rundgren. Then there was a little note he put into one of his records, where he invited everyone to return a postcard with our name on it, and he would include our name with his next album art. So I did. And on that record which I think is something / anything oh, my name is on the poster inside.

I moved to Los Angeles in my early twenties and went to every Todd concert I could find. At one of them I took one of the drawings I had made of him and hold it up around a quarter so that it would have some weight, walk down to the first row and tossed it onto the stage. I doubt he ever even bothered to pick it up, but that was just how big of a fangirl I was.

During that same tour oh, he did an interview with one of the DJs at KROQ and it was a call-in show. So I called in. And I could not believe it when my call came to the top of the list and all the sudden I hear my on my radio I hear him saying hello and I go Todd? Is that you Todd? I love you. This was all spoken in my soft little during that same tour, he did an interview with one of the DJs at KROQ you and it was a call in show. So I called in. And I could not believe it when my call came to the top of the list and Elvis said no hear my on my radio I hear him saying hello and I go Todd? Is that you Todd? I love you. This was all spoken in my soft little young woman voice

Sorry have to run emergency

yes, I mentioned it above in my post. Then I had to run because I heard a dog screaming in pain & when I got outside, saw a little dog in the street who had been killed by a car. I've spent the last block of time with all kinds of neighbors, looking for this dog's companion, a little black dog named Nelly who freaked and ran. The boy, whose name is AVERY, for god's sake, went after his dog after weeping over the dead dog and everything happened really fast. The good neighbors and I have been taking action for probably an hour now. I had to leave this post twice and now am going to finish it. Waiting for a call back from my best friend so I can break down and cry a bit.

Okay, everything that can be done has been done now. I just connected with Alex, who was the dead dog's owner and all of us are going to keep updating each other, hoping to find Nelly soon.

And I didn't get there in my post, but I had intended to mention Vanilla Sky, wherein the musical director used the Todd song above, to great effect. That's why I pasted it in there, assuming you've probably seen that movie, too.

Now I'm going to bed.

Back