• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weak

Hi there,

I am day 4 post VSG and am still feeling very weak and a little foggy. Now my upper back is sore and of course anytime I swallow there’s a pain at the esophageal sphincter. Is this all what everyone else felt? Everyday I feel better but I’m worried about feeling weak.
I'm 3 days post op bypass. I'm weak and tired and dizzy, but I have not had the pain in the esophageal sphincter.

You just had major surgery and they removed the majority of your stomach. You are not eating solid food, probably aren't yet getting your full amount of suggested protein/water and are very low on calories even if you are managing to meet your goals. Of Course you're tired and weak and having some pain.

It is hard and can be scary, but please give yourself some time to heal. It can take several weeks to even begin to feel semi normal, which is standard after any major surgery. Rest up, drink plenty of fluids and try to get your protein in. You'll feel better soon.

Back