• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weak

Bill S.

Is it normal after 11 days out of surgery to be weak all the time especially n the morning? I can hardly lift my arms or stand still shaving and showering.Im drinking 3 protein shakes a day and drinking as much water as I can .Also kinda disgusting messy poop.Am I doing something wrong? I see my surgeon on Wednesday

Have you ever had a big surgery on your digestive tract before? That's actually the only way to answer the question, because your healing process and your body are unique to you. If you ask me my opinion I would say don't worry about it but good that you're seeing your surgeon. I felt better and closer to normal after two weeks and that is 14 days, so as I said, I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you ever had a big surgery on your digestive tract before? That's actually the only way to answer the question, because your healing process and your body are unique to you. If you ask me my opinion I would say don't worry about it but good that you're seeing your surgeon. I felt better and closer to normal after two weeks and that is 14 days, so as I said, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks I needed that support. Only other kinda stomach surgery I had was a hernia and that didn’t bother me .I guess I don’t need to worry.

Thanks I needed that support. Only other kinda stomach surgery I had was a hernia and that didn’t bother me .I guess I don’t need to worry.
You also have to take into account the very small amount of calories you're taking in right now. Your body isn't used to that nor the shock to your system recovery takes. As long as you're drinking enough water & keeping your doctor in the loop on how you feel, it'll get better.

You also have to take into account the very small amount of calories you're taking in right now. Your body isn't used to that nor the shock to your system recovery takes. As long as you're drinking enough water & keeping your doctor in the loop on how you feel, it'll get better.
Thanks Brenda ! And yeah I need more water and I have my first post op appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday I should be able to have puréed food by then

Thanks Brenda ! And yeah I need more water and I have my first post op appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday I should be able to have puréed food by then
Ah water... I was lucky because I've been drinking a gallon of water a day my whole adult life. My one good habit. ;) Because of that, it wasn't difficult for me to get right back to a regimen after surgery. I know it isn't as easy for most people.

If I was running a bariatric center, I think it would be one thing that I'd push folks to get started on at least 6 months pre-op. Since it's harder to drink with new post-op tummies, at least if it's a well established habit, it's easier.

Glad you're almost to pureed foods!!! That will help with the calories and I'm sure you're really sick of shakes by now. :)

Back