• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight Loss Post Surgery- Sleeve

jessiep981

I am less than three weeks out from surgery and I have been on the scale more than I probably should. To date I am down 20 lbs and from what I have read I seem to be losing weight rather quickly. I am worried that I am now losing weight too quickly and this may become a problem or that I am stop much quicker than average. I would appreciate any guidance that anyone has on the topic. I am following the rules and eating like I am supposed to. I was thrilled that I had lost the 20 but I am now getting worried that it's too much too quick.

-Jessica

In my case the weight flew off just after surgery. Some hints:
1. It will slow down, you are eating very few calories and your body has had a stress but it will level out.
2. Don't weigh yourself more than once a week. Take the batteries out of the scale and leave it alone. You are not a number. This is a healthy live change not dedication to scale.
3. Follow your providers directions, eat all you are supposed to, make a list of questions for your next visit, and enjoy the ride. It will get tougher, we don't undo years of bad eating habits overnight.

Keep up the good work.

Don't worry, you'll hit the dreaded plateau soon enough! Make sure you are getting enough nutrition in the calories you eat and your body will adjust.

I agree enjoy it is coming off quick. If you feel good then your body is getting rid of your extra! That's what we all want! And yes the plateaus, I have had one go back and forth a few pounds for over a month.... so not fun! Come off of one and all the sudden down 5 lbs. That happened to me last week! Enjoy Fall coming! Michele

Back