• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight loss req.

When I first did my referral I was 276. That was in January. Got the ball rolling in late Feb. March had 1st primary Dr appt. At that appt. I was up to 287. Have gotten up to 301 since. Fast forward. Now I'm down to 290. The insurance comp. Wants me at 266. Will they deny me for surg. If im not at the goal weight. Or would they approve it because I am following ALL nutritionist recommendations and have lost some weight.

When I first did my referral I was 276. That was in January. Got the ball rolling in late Feb. March had 1st primary Dr appt. At that appt. I was up to 287. Have gotten up to 301 since. Fast forward. Now I'm down to 290. The insurance comp. Wants me at 266. Will they deny me for surg. If im not at the goal weight. Or would they approve it because I am following ALL nutritionist recommendations and have lost some weight.
Do you have any idea why you are going up and down with your weight?

My plumbing was clogged, im insulin resistance, and I'm getting my thyroid checked soon as well.

Sorry if I missed this and you answered already but do you now have an actual surgical date?

I think nowadays doctors are required to test you to see if you can stay on a healthy eating plan. Otherwise it is a waste of insurance money to put you through this.

There are a lot of physical conditions that compel people toward bariatric surgery. But the most powerful problem is your eating disorder. That's the thing you need to make your peace with and that's the thing most people struggle with, before and after the surgery.

Back