• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Weight loss ticker

Do I have to update and save this everytime?

Go to your account and edit your "signature." You paste the code in your signature, and it will always show up with your posts. To update it, just click on the ticker image in your post and enter the pin you chose when you created it. You can then update the weight, click "next" to save it, and then it will automatically update on all of your posts when someone views it.

Go to your account and edit your "signature." You paste the code in your signature, and it will always show up with your posts. To update it, just click on the ticker image in your post and enter the pin you chose when you created it. You can then update the weight, click "next" to save it, and then it will automatically update on all of your posts when someone views it.
Thank you!!

These instructions are in The Beginner's Guide to the forums, which is posted on the main page:

Tickers: Tickers are those cool little graph pictures that show how much weight you have lost so far. Adding a Ticker Image to your signature is very easy to do.
Here’s the steps involved to add the Ticker:
1 – Go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...
2 – Select your Ruler, Click Next. Select your Slider, Click Next. Then fill out the information you want on the slider (normally just choose a password and fill out the Weight section), Click Next
3 – Highlight & Copy the BBCode.
4 – Login to your American Bariatrics Support Group account and click on SETTINGS on the top right. Then click on Edit Signature on the left side of the page. Then Paste the BBCode into the Signature box. You can preview the signature to see what it will look like.
5 – If you ever need to change your weight in the Ticker, just click on your ticker, then you’ll be asked to enter the password you used before you can change the weight.

As you can see, I found it. But, how do you put your starting weight and procedure under the tickler?
If you go back into your signature, you should be able to enter anything you'd like below the ticker. I use the site on my PC but if you use an app on your phone or a tablet, it should be the same. Good luck! :)

As you can see, I found it. But, how do you put your starting weight and procedure under the tickler?
Roseanne I don't see a ticker in your post. In case you need assistance, just click on your name on any post that you have written. It will take you to the Gateway of your account. Make a choice there about what you want to do. You can upload pictures, you can write private postings about your progress that will stay on your profile, and of course you can put a signature file in your posting profile. It is the selection that says signature file that will take you to the place you want to go. You just paste the HTML you got from the sticker site into that frame and then save and exit and it will show up on your posting template every time you decide to respond or create a posting.

I hope that makes sense. I used to have a Ticker on my account but there was no point in keeping it there since I wasn't going to lose more weight but I had already achieved my goal.

Back