• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

weightloss

mergatroid

Ok, here goes. I started out on this journey in July weighing in at 214 lbs. I lost 27lbs before my surgery, which was a month ago. So, yes, I weighed 187 lbs at the time of my surgery. I have lot 17 lbs since. I must be the slowest loser here and I am doing everything the way I was told. I don't know why I'm posting this. Maybe just venting. Maybe to let others know they aren't alone in the slow weight loss department. And yes, I know everyone is different.

hello,
You had a great weightloss before surgery! All the pounds count. 17 in one month is great. You started out a lot lower than some of us which is great means you have less to loose, lucky you and you will probably loose slower. Don't be surprise it may all come at once like 5 pounds at a time. Yesterday i was hoping for a pound or two and it was 5. Counted on my fingers since i was so surprised. I was so happy! The scale can keep going down and down works for me! Keep it up you will be happy!

Hey mergatroid,

I think I am slow at losing weight but I don't care just so it comes off. 17 pounds in one month is great. I lost 2 1/2 pounds in November over Thanksgiving and was delighted. It shows I can handle the holidays without gaining. Remember you are trying to get healthy and if you keep following the program the weight will come off. I always try to remember that the last 44 pounds I gained took me seven years to do and I am happy that it is coming off faster than what it went on.

You are doing great and should be very pleased. Joy

2-4 lbs a week, or 8-16 a month translated is what to expect, according to the bariatric center I use. You have much less to lose than many having surgery so perhaps even thinking of it as percent to goal would help you feel positive.

You are doing great. I look at it this way it is about what I keep off and how I feel. You may be losing inches. The weight will not come off overnight and it is no magic ride. Just keep focused and look at the big picture

Wow...good job, Mergatroid. Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself a "Big" hand of accomplishments. I am proud of you. Don't you get discouraged.
That is not a good place to be.

I have not lost ONE pound this WEEK 4 weeks out and eating almost nothing due to nausea after eating very small amt! So I would be very glad to have 17 down!

Back