• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well, about 10 days post op

Leiabeedoh

Feeling good, protein shakes are getting really hard to drink, and protein water I can’t do anymore.
I’m going to move myself up to eggs this week, I should be starting mechanical on Friday but I need some real food. id rather starve than protein shake any more lol. Fluffy egg white will give me a much better protein option.
just checking in anyways.

My bariatric program has patients use "bariatric full liquid" diet (perfectly smooth and pourable) for the first 3 weeks, then "bariatric soft" for the next three weeks (mashable with a fork)- and I just got to have my first "real food" on Saturday 2/12. After spending the prior week thinking a lot about how good refried beans or eggs would be in my mouth, was interested to find that I was a little nervous to try something more solid.
Had a scrambled egg with a little cheese and ham lunch meat, and was so shocked and delighted to find that I couldn't finish it! And the message from my body was clear- I ate slow, but there was a clear point (at 21 minutes- was timing myself) when there was no pain, but just a very plain sensation that the next bite would not be feeling good, so I stopped. Awesome! It was like taking a car out that the speedometer has not been working on for years, and now it works! I was so worried that even after surgery my stomach wouldn't communicate to my brain - so this is a delight.

My bariatric program has patients use "bariatric full liquid" diet (perfectly smooth and pourable) for the first 3 weeks, then "bariatric soft" for the next three weeks (mashable with a fork)- and I just got to have my first "real food" on Saturday 2/12. After spending the prior week thinking a lot about how good refried beans or eggs would be in my mouth, was interested to find that I was a little nervous to try something more solid.
Had a scrambled egg with a little cheese and ham lunch meat, and was so shocked and delighted to find that I couldn't finish it! And the message from my body was clear- I ate slow, but there was a clear point (at 21 minutes- was timing myself) when there was no pain, but just a very plain sensation that the next bite would not be feeling good, so I stopped. Awesome! It was like taking a car out that the speedometer has not been working on for years, and now it works! I was so worried that even after surgery my stomach wouldn't communicate to my brain - so this is a delight.
Me 2!!! I’ve neverfelt the type of full sensation I’m having now.it’s awesome. I get hungry but not to often and do not want anything else. I’m perfectly satisfied. It’s such a good feeling.

Feeling good, protein shakes are getting really hard to drink, and protein water I can’t do anymore.
I’m going to move myself up to eggs this week, I should be starting mechanical on Friday but I need some real food. id rather starve than protein shake any more lol. Fluffy egg white will give me a much better protein option.
just checking in anyways.
Congratulations! I remember how happy I was when I got to this point. Everything became so much easier. I also had a shake OD but I still drink them a lot. I changed the brand in the meantime and the new ones are much better because they are not so sweet. Well - maybe they are not, maybe I was just so sick of the old stuff, so change was good.

Congratulations! I remember how happy I was when I got to this point. Everything became so much easier. I also had a shake OD but I still drink them a lot. I changed the brand in the meantime and the new ones are much better because they are not so sweet. Well - maybe they are not, maybe I was just so sick of the old stuff, so change was good.
Which shakes do you drink now?

Back