• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well, I had Surgery on the 3rd 2/03/2022

Leiabeedoh

Ended up staying in the hospital an extra night because i couldn’t stop the nausea. So home now, taking things really slow. I can drink a cup of water an hour and have tried putting a few things back Into the diet but so far water and 2 bites of chocolate pudding seem to be keeping things balanced. Lol.

Ended up staying in the hospital an extra night because i couldn’t stop the nausea. So home now, taking things really slow. I can drink a cup of water an hour and have tried putting a few things back Into the diet but so far water and 2 bites of chocolate pudding seem to be keeping things balanced. Lol.
That was me too, I actually stayed extra week. It’s tough but don’t let it stress you out - I know I was panicking instead thinking something was wrong. Beginning of this journey is actually more difficult for many than what you read online. It will start getting better.

I had my surgery on 2/15. Today is the first "good" day I've had in regard to being able to swallow without much pain and reflux. My whole abdomen feels like it's swollen and I think I'm retaining water. I actually weigh more than I did the day of surgery. Is this normal? I'm hoping in the next week things will be exponentially better. All in all I'm excited about what the future holds on this journey. I do have to agree with what someone else said, though. You don't get a clear picture of the post-op pain on these forums.

Back