• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well, I've finally done it

Kathi_S

Today, I was walking down the stairs when I realized that I had forgotten my phone. I made I mad dash back up and turned into our bedroom just in time to collapse head first into my husband's dresser.

Poor Jack thought I'd fallen down the stairs. He went rushing down to check on me, couldn't find me, called out. I told him I was in our room, but again he went racing by me (I was on his side of the bed, lol).

Jack, in his state of panic is not always rational. He says things like "what are you doing here" "you were on the stairs" "we've g1ot to fix you" etc, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm giggling. I know the seriousness of what just happened, but I also know that other than several bruises, an upset husband, and a dehydrated me everything turned out okay.

When my husband practically carried me down stairs to check my blood pressure it read 72/43.

So here I sit guzzling water.

Don't know if you all have seen those IV infusion clinics around? I googled it after my coworker told me about them. Pretty much freestanding places where you can order up your own bag. Example: https://ifusiondallas.com/

I personally thought it is for the rich, it cost a lot go get a bag hung. I am picturing a place where the women in their tennis clothes come in after their mani/pedi and massage to get a vitamin boost before going home to a house cleaned by the maid and the yard done by the service. (sour grapes here).

I went to the freestanding ED and got a bag a couple of times, it was a pretty high copay but at some point we gotta have the fluids in. Plus they give drugs too if you say the right thing! Always gained two pounds after a bag.

Back