• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well my surgery has been cancelled for 4/2/2020

Same. Got the call at 10 am today that my colonoscopy for my bariatric was cancelled and they will call me closer to May to reschedule. All elective surgeries cancelled too until "mid-May" or until this passes.
Funny, I just got back from the clinic where they did my colonoscopy. I asked about any cancellations and if they were going to stop doing them due to the covid-19 crisis. They said they had a few cancellations and were not subject to the hospital cancellation rules. Go figure.

just got the dreaded call. Cancelled until further notice.
I am so sorry for you. You are taking it much better than me. Today was my surgery date @ 8:15 am and I keep looking at the clock and saying I'd be in surgery, I'd be finished and in the recovery room, then finally I would have been in my room. But, I am much better now and realize that everything happens for a reason. I got a call with a new "tentative" date of April 29. Hopefully, this madness will be over but it is what it is. I went for a long walk yesterday and decided not to go crazy with my diet since I don't want to throw away any progress I've made so far. But, on the upside, I can have some corned beef and cabbage, since most of it is allowed and I'll be home to celebrate Easter. (I'm not a big candy eater) So, let's all hang in there, stay healthy and listen to the rules,

I am so sorry for you. You are taking it much better than me. Today was my surgery date @ 8:15 am and I keep looking at the clock and saying I'd be in surgery, I'd be finished and in the recovery room, then finally I would have been in my room. But, I am much better now and realize that everything happens for a reason. I got a call with a new "tentative" date of April 29. Hopefully, this madness will be over but it is what it is. I went for a long walk yesterday and decided not to go crazy with my diet since I don't want to throw away any progress I've made so far. But, on the upside, I can have some corned beef and cabbage, since most of it is allowed and I'll be home to celebrate Easter. (I'm not a big candy eater) So, let's all hang in there, stay healthy and listen to the rules,
Hey there, you sound like you're accepting this better than a lot of us would be. You get an "A" for keeping a positive attitude in my book. :)

Back