• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well THIS sucks

Does anyone else remember all the kerfuffle over artificial sweeteners about 30 years ago, and how aspartame won out in the end? Even the Feds supported it.

All these years I've felt completely safe and now this.

To me, this just messes up my entire belief system. We might as well be living in the trees if we can't trust these overruling federal agencies.

I'm so pissed I can't even say one more word.

The Bible mentions all things in moderation. Don’t remember exactly what the quote is but it might be a foundation for the use of the sweetener. If you drink one 12 oz can verses 12v12 oz cans per day could be a factor. The tests on mice is they overdose the critters. Anything overdone is a risk for something. Eggs, butter, chicken, beef, pork anything overdone could be a problem.

Does anyone else remember all the kerfuffle over artificial sweeteners about 30 years ago, and how aspartame won out in the end? Even the Feds supported it.

Okay, so now someone's saying the OPPOSITE. Does this terrify anyone else? I mean, WHO can we believe? These people are allowed to set standards for everyone, including us. This CANNOT be an argument.

Back