• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Went to the gym for the first time since surgery

Kim M

I work for a hospital and they have a small gym outside the physical therapy dept. I don't work at the hospital, but for the hospital. So I did have to get up a drive there, which was probably the hardest part. Once there, I had to figure out how to use all the new machines. I finally settled on the treadmill and another machine which you sit on and push your legs and move the bars with your arms. It has been quite awhile since I have been at the gym. It felt great. I was taking time for myself on my lunch hour no less. Depending on my schedule I will try and go 3x a week. I can walk on the weekends which I enjoy. I am hoping this kicks my metabolism into gear. I am feeling stronger everyday and hope the exercise will continue to build my endurance to a stronger body. I need new knees and have a back injury, but I am trying to work around it. For now I think the treadmill works the best. I did come home and take a hot shower and had ice packs on my knees last night, but I feel fine today. I will be off to the gym on Friday. Just wanting to share some positive news.

Back