• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What a Dump

Bill S.

So I learned my lesson yesterday on how much I can eat and what I can eat . So Tuesday we ordered from The Outback Steakhouse I got a salad plain baked potato and a steak . Tuesday I just ate the salad for dinner . Wednesday yesterday I had the baked potato for lunch and half the steak for dinner and a piece of the brown bread that came with it . About a half hour later eating the steak and bread I was on the floor with a huge stomach ache and sweating like crazy one hour later I was throwing up . This all went on for about 4 and half hours It wasn’t food poisoning because my wife ate the same thing. I’m thinking it was maybe the skin from the potato which I remembered I wasn’t supposed to eat although I’ve eaten a whole baked potato a couple of times and nothing happened . So it might of been the potato , might have been the steak and piece of bread don’t know. I had the same things about a month ago and I was fine . I forgot to mention I did eat a little too fast which might have been the problem . So for you newcomers be careful what you eat when you’re aloud to eat and slow down eating . M going back to measuring my food for sure

I am so sorry you had that experience, Bill. It is a mystery since you didn't have the problem last time you ate the same thing. I am wondering if maybe your bites were too big and you didn't chew the meat enough. I don't know about the dangers of potato skins. They were never on my no-no list and I almost always eat potatoes with skin on.

There is no doubt this was related to your meal and not to some mysterious 2-hour flu.

So, what are you going to do next time you have the opportunity to eat steak and potato with brown bread? I think it's safe to say also that some breads are very hard to digest and I don't know about brown bread because I've never eaten at the Outback. But some bread turns into virtual wads of glue or putty and block your stoma. That is a huge danger to post-op patients, especially the ones that are just a few months out.

Yeah I ate some pretty big bites that could’ve been me of the problems. I’m having the rest of the steak tonight and I’m going to chew the hell out of it . Also breads been like a hit and go with me sometimes hard to digest other times no problem especially Cheesecake Factory breadbit goes down fine.

So I learned my lesson yesterday on how much I can eat and what I can eat . So Tuesday we ordered from The Outback Steakhouse I got a salad plain baked potato and a steak . Tuesday I just ate the salad for dinner . Wednesday yesterday I had the baked potato for lunch and half the steak for dinner and a piece of the brown bread that came with it . About a half hour later eating the steak and bread I was on the floor with a huge stomach ache and sweating like crazy one hour later I was throwing up . This all went on for about 4 and half hours It wasn’t food poisoning because my wife ate the same thing. I’m thinking it was maybe the skin from the potato which I remembered I wasn’t supposed to eat although I’ve eaten a whole baked potato a couple of times and nothing happened . So it might of been the potato , might have been the steak and piece of bread don’t know. I had the same things about a month ago and I was fine . I forgot to mention I did eat a little too fast which might have been the problem . So for you newcomers be careful what you eat when you’re aloud to eat and slow down eating . M going back to measuring my food for sure

Ugh, so sorry Bill, sounds absolutely terrible. I'm glad you're up and feeling better now.

Fast Eating will get me too I had to learn to slow up before I blow up!!!

Back