• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are you listening to?

Fosgate

I've always loved music and like just about everything and never really followed what everyone else was as far as mainstream. In high school while everyone else was buying albums and listening to pop and hair band rock I listened to that but I found Heavy Metal and that was my preference. Get to Germany and not only listening to grunge like everyone else but I pick up a taste for R&B, Hip Hop and Techno. Next assignment was Fort Hood Texas and I pick up on Tejano (Selena), Rockabilly and of course Blues since Stevie Ray Vaughns home stomping grounds were all around me with great blues clubs in Austin and Fort Worth. It's also where I revisited country music. Probably because of Billy Bobs Honkey Tonk the worlds largest honkey tonk with several bars inside and bull riding. Something about eating a meal, drinking booze and listening to live music while watching some guy ride a live bull in front of you had a certain charm.

I love about everything, Reggae like Fortunate Youth, Stick Figure, Rebolution etc to Classical Beethoven and Pytor IIlich Tschaikovsky I love virtually all music with exception to a majority of gansta rap left on the sidelines the last 25 years.

Anyway's I'm currently in my more bluesy mode and two that I'm listening to the most are Susan Tedeschi and Darrin Trucks of Tedeschi Trucks band, always good for a pick me up, and Chris Stapleton

Learn How to Love
Until You Remember

Tennessee Whiskey

Oh, and I like to sit and watch the sunset with a cigar to Justin Johnson play this bit.
One hour of blues guitar

Post what your listening to.

I’m obsessed with the Italian group Maneskin right now . I was pretty excited when I heard they were opening for The Rolling Stones in Las Vegas when we saw them . I also like a singer named POPPY. Mostly I like a lot of heavy metal like Metallica,Gojira,OZZY and stuff like that . But I also like Dean Martin a lot.

I’m obsessed with the Italian group Maneskin right now . I was pretty excited when I heard they were opening for The Rolling Stones in Las Vegas when we saw them . I also like a singer named POPPY. Mostly I like a lot of heavy metal like Metallica,Gojira,OZZY and stuff like that . But I also like Dean Martin a lot.

I just watched Black Label Society and Anthrax at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip during the Rally. I always like hearing Zack Wylde talk about how he was basically this 18yr old snot nosed kid that got the call to replace Randy Rhodes. Day one Ozzy (the old man) and Sharon were basically like the parents he never had and gave him a life he could have never got on his own. Guy is so humble and appreciative and to hear Sharon and Oz talk the same in kind about Zack.

Last edited:
I love this conversation. I grew up listening to 70s a.m. radio. Luckily it included lots of crossover country, R&B, and other genres. Being in h.s. concert band and after taking 10 years of piano, I loved playing lots of classical music. I even got to play piano for a small Baptist Church during my junior year in high school, plus I sang in a Presbyterian Church choir from 8th grade on up (actually I'm Episcopalian - go figure!).

Some of my favorite styles are classic rock (Zepplin, Clapton), southern rock (Allman Bros, Skynyrd), blues from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Ledbelly, and forward, bluegrass (I strum a mandolin), and old-time music (the roots of bluegrass). I just watched the CMAs. If it's good music, I'll usually listen. Can't get into rap music, but I did enjoy some of the early songs, i.e. Rapper's Delight.

I love seeing live music, from Leon Redbone and Billy Joel to the Eagles and Clapton (probably my favorite musician), to Axl Rose (played & sang 30 songs), Steve Miller, Bob Seeger, to B.B. King and Joe Bonamassa. I got to see the tour of the musicians from the O Brother soundtrack, i.e. Ralph Stanley, Allison Krauss & Union Station, The Whites and more.

Sorry for the long ramble, but music has been essential to the joy of living for me. Thanks for letting me talk about it here. I love seeing what y'all are listening to.

Wow Karen you sure do enjoy a variety of music. I can’t stand rap and hip hop too. I also don’t like country and jazz
Thanks. I selectively listen to some country. I adore Dolly Parton, and I love Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, and some others. It's kinda hard to live in WV and not like at least some country music. Jazz is hard for me to enjoy, as is most opera. Glad to share my likes!

Music has always been a part of my life. I listen to music EVERY DAY. We play music on Pandora every night during dinner and while we do dishes. We play 70s music during dinner (what I grew up listening to). Disco music is another favorite when we’re doing dishes. When I’m doing housework, I blast CHEVELLE and STAIND and alternative rock bands. At night, I fall asleep to George Winston and piano music.

Some of my favorite styles are classic rock (Zepplin, Clapton), southern rock (Allman Bros, Skynyrd), blues from Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Ledbelly, and forward, bluegrass (I strum a mandolin), and old-time music (the roots of bluegrass). I just watched the CMAs. If it's good music, I'll usually listen. Can't get into rap music, but I did enjoy some of the early songs, i.e. Rapper's Delight.

I love seeing live music, from Leon Redbone and Billy Joel to the Eagles and Clapton (probably my favorite musician), to Axl Rose (played & sang 30 songs), Steve Miller, Bob Seeger, to B.B. King and Joe Bonamassa. I got to see the tour of the musicians from the O Brother soundtrack, i.e. Ralph Stanley, Allison Krauss & Union Station, The Whites and more.

Karen, I don't know how I missed this post. I also play mandolin, guitar, fiddle and blues harp (until people beg me to stop)! I don't know where I saw it, but there was a documentary about Lynyrd Skynyrd a few days ago, noting that the band is donating to the survivor fund of Hurricane Ian. Man, that took me back and made me cry.

Karen, I don't know how I missed this post. I also play mandolin, guitar, fiddle and blues harp (until people beg me to stop)! I don't know where I saw it, but there was a documentary about Lynyrd Skynyrd a few days ago, noting that the band is donating to the survivor fund of Hurricane Ian. Man, that took me back and made me cry.
Diane, you never cease to amaze me with all your talents. Wish we could meet sometime & jam! ❤❤

Back