• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are you listening to?

You know it, Karen! I miss jamming with my old musician friends, many who have died over the last 40 years. We used to form duets, trios, etc. and for a year, I played at an open mic every Sunday night at a local saloon. So much fun! In case you ever have a gap and your calluses disappear, dip them in super glue and you can really play slick! I also used to use some kind of silicone spray on my strings so I could move up and down the necks easily.

Here' are some really bad picture of the front and back of my mando. I wanted a Gibson, of course, but the harmonics on this one's neck are perfect and the action is so low I can play it any time without pain. And that cherry-wood back is just gorgeous. It's actually made of five different woods.

You know it, Karen! I miss jamming with my old musician friends, many who have died over the last 40 years. We used to form duets, trios, etc. and for a year, I played at an open mic every Sunday night at a local saloon. So much fun! In case you ever have a gap and your calluses disappear, dip them in super glue and you can really play slick! I also used to use some kind of silicone spray on my strings so I could move up and down the necks easily.

Here' are some really bad picture of the front and back of my mando. I wanted a Gibson, of course, but the harmonics on this one's neck are perfect and the action is so low I can play it any time without pain. And that cherry-wood back is just gorgeous. It's actually made of five different woods.
View attachment 5428View attachment 5429
Sweet mando. I'd love to hear you play, but I guess the Cascades & the Rockies would block that sound (great echoes though!) Thanks for the tips. I'm a strummer, have never learned picking techniques. My brain is wired to play piano & sax, so strumming is enough to satisfy me, for now. Maybe I'll take a few picking lessons & go from there. ❤❤

Oh, and if you can play piano and sax, stringed instruments would be so easy for you. I would love to be able to play the piano, but I've never been able to figure it out. Three of my sisters took lessons, and my mom took organ lessons so she could play for church. Three of my sisters, sometimes four, would sing as she accompanied us in church. There was always so much music in my house and my life. I think it's one of the most beautiful things humans can do.

Oh, and if you can play piano and sax, stringed instruments would be so easy for you. I would love to be able to play the piano, but I've never been able to figure it out. Three of my sisters took lessons, and my mom took organ lessons so she could play for church. Three of my sisters, sometimes four, would sing as she accompanied us in church. There was always so much music in my house and my life. I think it's one of the most beautiful things humans can do.
If you travel east and I travel west, we could meet in the middle and make sweet music together lol!

Back