• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are you looking forward to?

One of the one things im looking forward to is wearing high heels again and small dresses! Im also looking forward to being able to play with my children, My youngest is almost 2 and i want to be able to take him to the park and play with him, i want to run and jump with my children. I want to go hiking, swimming, riding my bike with my children and husband. Most of all i cant wait to not longer be a slave to food! I know that sounds weird but this preop diet im on has really shown me what im addicted too... Very sad :( Im excited but scared at the same time, i know it wont be easy at first but these are the things in looking forward too so it makes it all worth it!:D

Hi crymsynslady

i can relate to your story in alot of ways, your lucky your surgery is comming up so soon, how long has it taken you to get to this stage? I started in jan,2012 and had test and see surgeon for first visit may4,12 i wish it was my surgery date.
I too have homeschooled two of my kids, they graduate next month, they're twins.
I understand about the being tired etc. And swollen legs and feet too.
I also would love to be able to wear heels again, if though i am 5'10 i'd still found some cute shoes with heels i plan to one day be able to walk tall and proudly in, with my new body. So anxious for the surgery. I've been practicing some with just liquid diet, not such an easy task, i totatly failed today, so will try again tommorow.
Did your dr make you loose weight before they agreeded to your surgery? All i have been told so far is you go on a liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery so the liver has time to shrink some so it's not in the way of the surgery.
I love this chat room and reading other's stories all of us have alot in common and each one makes the other one feel accepted in this space.
Take care
donna

Hello Donna, No the diet I'm on is a high protein, low carb, no sugar diet. it is to shrink my liver, Ive heard a lot of people having to do a two week liquid diet i fill for them really, the night before surgery i will be on a liquid diet but thats it. I meet with the surgeon at the end of Feb and i was approved for surgery on the 1st of march but my liver Dr told me to wait on the surgery until after i see him again on the 4th of April so he was the one that held me up other wise i would have had it at the end of the month. so my time has been really fast really, why is it taking you so long? is it your insurance?
Julie

Hi crymsynlady

i have medicare due to several health issues and 5 degenerative disc in back, (causes pain 24/7).
I read where you are taking your bible, good christian here too. I've prayed about my surgery and have asked god for guidance and favor i was able to get quickly according to others i've talked too, but i am still wishing it were already here. I will be having hernia surgery done at the same time as the bariatric surgery, my stomach is entirely herniated so they are going to do the hernia surgery for the third and hopefully last time plus the weight loss surgery do the weight loss surgery. So i don't know yet if i'll have the holes from the weight loss surgery plus the scar all the way across for the hernia's can't seem to get any answers, but i am not giving up.
I thank god i found this site for the people have been great about answering questions and just sharing there stories, some have really loss weight fast and other's it was a slow process, but just knowing it's comming off and i will do as they say to make sure i never end up in this obese situation again, it's been a lifetime issue for me, and at 55 i am ready for things to improve so i can enjoy the years i have left. My twins are 18 and my odlest will soon be 30. God blessed me with my twins when i was 37 they have truly been my late life blessings in so many ways.
Donna

Praise the Lord that is awesome! My youngest son will be 2 4 days after my surgery and my oldest will be 14 on the 26th of the month, my daughter turned 9 last month. My Ob/GYN will come in and look at my tumor but will not take it out at that time unless he feels it needs to come out right away so i will have a second surgery some time later once I'm cleared from my first Dr then iw ill have the second surgery.. FUN FUN for me LOL

Hi Julie, Welcome. Tom here, you are on your way to a wonderful journey, your luck for not having the liquid diet that was the longest week of my life and the day before surgery it was down to cleare liquids, I must have drank 2 gallons of broth. If you have any questions or concernes feel free to ask, ther a bunch of great folks here. Let us know how you are doing, my prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

Hi Donna, did you ever get a date set yet, you have been patiently waiting for so long, hope all your test are going well, it seemed like it took forever when I was waiting but I think it was only 3 months or so. :cool: Tom

Last edited:
I think one of the things i am most looking forward to is shopping in 'normal' sized women's clothing- shopping in ll bean and not be disapointed anymore because the clothes i like doesnt come in womens sizes. As far as the liquid diet, my surgeon requires 2 weeks of liquid diet prior to surgery date. I spoke with the dietician monday and she said i could also have diet jello and diet popsicles during the 2 weeks. It willbe an interesting time i am sure of that!!

I'm new here but whatI'm looking forward to is having more energy! I, too, would like to shop in the "misses" section of the store as the fashions in the "plus" sizes are not always appealing.

Back