• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are your favorite?

My favorites not in any particular order:

1. Carrots and/or celery with hummus
  2. Carrots and/or celery with laughing cow cheese (light version)
  3. Cheese sticks
  4. Nuts (or sometimes I get the pre-packed nut/cheese/dried fruit packs)
  5. Blue Diamond Artisan Nut-Thins crackers - they are loaded with seeds which I love and lots of whole grains
  6. Quest protein chips (I don't get them often because they are expensive but I like the loaded taco flavor)
  7. On occasion I get whole grain tortilla chips and have salsa with it
  8. Sometimes I get deli ham or turkey and just have an ounce or two for a snack
  9. Frozen berries that I defrost in the microwave until they are slightly warm and juicy and top with vanilla yogurt
  10. Chaffles if I make them and have them in the freezer
  11. Fruit

Apple or Banana slices with a tablespoon of PB Fit. (Or regular peanut butter but it's high in calories)
Veggie Chaffles - Cauliflower, Broccoli, Zucchini. Butternut Squash - basically any leftover veg, gets thrown in the waffle maker for a snack or lunch.
Triskets with a few thin slices of sharp cheddar and ham.
Pistachios. They have the added benefit of taking a long time to eat naturally, due to the shell.
Protein Pudding - I add a scoop of protein powder to 2 boxes of Sugar Free Pudding and that makes 8 servings for the week. (I have other people who eat it too. Otherwise I might just make 1 box.)
Black Bean Chips and Guacamole.
Bada Bean Bada Boom (they're crunchy fava beans)

I love pistachios too but I'll have to buy them shelled from now on because I'm bad at shelling them with my front teeth and I lost a filling doing that. Dentist next week. :p

Some of my favorite snacks:
Thin apple slices with almond butter
Carrots, broccoli, celery, or cauliflower with hummus or tratziki sauce
Part skim cheese sticks
POPCORN
Homemade protein smoothies with frozen fruit and spinach
Raw Almonds
Yonana maker frozen fruit and banana custard (made with just fruit). You can add a teaspoon or two of chocolate chips (occasionally)

Back