• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What do I eat at 5 months post op?

Jan

I have forgotten what I should be eating. Can anyone help? I tried looking it up but can't seem to find my papers. I had a sleeve November 13 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the gastric bypass surgery but your diet should be similar. At 5 months out you should be eating a very high protein diet. Baked fish, roasted pork and beef, eggs (I melted cheese on my eggs) low cal vegetables such as green beans, stewed tomatoes, salad which have about 20 calories in a 1/2 cup ( not that I could eat 1/2 a cup at a time. I cooked my meat and veggies up and put them in the fridge and just grabbed a spoonful or two every few hours. My weight melted away very fast and I was never hungry. You can look up calories of your favorite veggies on line. Stay away from fried foods. My doctors list I had said I could eat any food in very small amounts. If in doubt call your surgeon's office and ask for a diet list to be mailed to you.

Best of Luck,
Cheyenne

I had the gastric bypass surgery but your diet should be similar. At 5 months out you should be eating a very high protein diet. Baked fish, roasted pork and beef, eggs (I melted cheese on my eggs) low cal vegetables such as green beans, stewed tomatoes, salad which have about 20 calories in a 1/2 cup ( not that I could eat 1/2 a cup at a time. I cooked my meat and veggies up and put them in the fridge and just grabbed a spoonful or two every few hours. My weight melted away very fast and I was never hungry. You can look up calories of your favorite veggies on line. Stay away from fried foods. My doctors list I had said I could eat any food in very small amounts. If in doubt call your surgeon's office and ask for a diet list to be mailed to you.

Best of Luck,
Cheyenne
Help had surgery 12/16 need to understand what I can have now just shakes and water???

Back