• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

what do you have to lose?

Personally I am skeptical that there is any way to tighten the amount of skin that most of us are left with after surgery. But this article actually sounds like it might do some good. Anyway it's worth a shot, and it is always a good idea to ritualize a new habit if you want it to stick.

Thanks for this sensible article. A lot of the "Loose Skin Miracle Cures" are just herbal cream rip-offs. I am rational enough to know that at 66 and having been at this high weight for the better part of 25 years, my chances of losing loose skin is low. I have always dressed in conservative loose clothes so I will expertly disguise the wiggle.

Tex, I could already wave at somebody with my upper arm flab before I lost the weight. Afterward I had to decide if I was going to try to conceal the flab that might make people think I'm still fat, or just roll with it. Well, I just decided the hell with it. I wore long sleeves short sleeves and no sleeves. People weren't really looking at me anyway. I just wanted more than it was possible for me to have. Eventually I adjusted my attitude and now I am overjoyed in every way. After all, as a spiritual advisor would say "Well, at least you HAVE arms..."

Back