• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

When does burping end?

I'm somehow not very gassy either. I'm not complaining, believe me. I was expecting lots of flatulence & burping, based on prior threads. :oops: I am blessed by not having this, and I hope your burping ratchets down in the coming months as your body adjusts to all of the changes you've made. Good luck!

Does the type of surgery make a difference? Just out of curiosity, could we please share surgery type & if we have burping issues or no?

I had gastric bypass and have no burping issues. In fact it is quite difficult for me to burp. I was told RnY surgery was good for dealing with GERD, so maybe it's all related?!!

Does the type of surgery make a difference? Just out of curiosity, could we please share surgery type & if we have burping issues or no?

I had gastric bypass and have no burping issues. In fact it is quite difficult for me to burp. I was told RnY surgery was good for dealing with GERD, so maybe it's all related?!!
I've read a lot of posts indicating increased flatulence, but neither farting nor burping has increased since RYGB for me.

I burped, hiccupped and even had foamies (terrible experiences!) quite a bit until week 6. Then miraculously it was as if I was a less tight, probably due to healing and now I have a more normal and enjoyable meal experience but with good restriction.

Back