• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Where are you having surgery

Sandie

Where are you having your surgery and who is the surgeon. Why did you choose that doc and that hospital? Do you know anyone who has had bariatric surgery and are they happy having done it and did this influence your choice of doctor, type of surgery and hospital?
I think it helps people to know what influenced your decision to have this life changing surgery. It is NOT an easy way out, it changes for life what you can eat, how you will eat, can change relationships, etc so am curious as to what were the factors influencing your choice.
IF you are younger than 18 were you parents supportive and how about your friends? More and more kids are having this surgery and there is no research really on how that will work years to come for those kids so really a tough decision to make with your kids!!

I work at the hospital I am having my RNY at and already know the Nurses on the floor I will be at. The unit I work the night shift on is right next to that unit. My surgery they say will be around the end of December, will be happy once I have the surgery date in writing. Tomorrow, I am having my Pulmonary Evaluation which is the last thing to be done before my last PA visit before surgery and her visit is on Dec 4th.

Moving right along here. I have already been stocking up on my bypass chewable vitamins, vit c, protein powders-single serving packets and unflavored protein powder. Plus, my protein jello, protein chicken broth, etc...

Getting there.

Carol

My team's list includes protein jello and protein chicken broth/soup. The protein chicken soup I got from Unjury when I got the unflavored protein powder. The protein jello is actually on Amazon-23 Grams each of protein. There are different flavors and you can opt for every month shipping-but I didn't- I don't do it like that. I would rather get things on my own and not have automatic shipping. Amazon pretty much has everything.

Carol

Back