• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

where is everyone

I'm here, just feeling quiet and thoughtful. I'm so grateful to have found this site, I'm 3 weeks postop and I have no questions, no concerns, I feel like I know what I'm doing and what to do if something isn't going well. I'm not comparing myself to anyone else, I'm not getting upset when I stay the same weight for a few days or even gain a bit. I was definitely feeling more emotional last week, this week is better, but I'm tired and getting antsy wanting to get back into activities so just trying to be patient. All in all, having done the research beforehand made such a difference. So thank you Diane, for being so generous with your time and effort to help all of us.

I am working hard at renovating kitchen, laundry room, hallway and soon to start in main bathroom. Just starting to remove the wall paper in the main bath, (has to love how-to videos), also I am getting some organization in place in all those rooms. I think I just delabeled about 100 medicine bottles all the way back to 2014 that were stored in a closet. I have about 10 plastic shoe boxes to sort tools, nails/screws, and tool parts like drill bits, saw blades and driver bits. Getting ready to start cleaning out drawers in kitchen after the wall paper. May trade off on the two so I don’t get bored. Getting worn out from all the work. But I am pacing mysel, I promise. Be safe folks have some fun.

I too am just adjusting to my new way of life. I know I'll regret saying this but I do miss going to work lol. It's been nice having so much time off but I'm ready to go back. I work in a group home for 9 Developmentally disabled adults. I miss them.

I'm other news, I am still doing well (knocks on wood). I am down 30lbs. Not sure where, I feel like I look the same but my clothes do feel looser. Still working on eating slower. Iv caught myself chugging my drinks sometimes too now smh. Honestly tho, it didn't bother me but I dont want to push it lol.
Hope everyone else is doing great! And to all who have just had the surgeries, may you have a speedy recovery and those struggling I hope you find relief and see the better side of recovery soon.

Also, I find I have alot of gas post surgery now and gas-x does help me. Just throwing that out there.

Helo everyone, I am here now 2 days after my Surgery on th e 25th, on my 2 weeks all liquid diet, feeling weak but no pain, I took 2 weeks off from work, but like they said "Never is good time" The day on my surgery I glance on an email from work and apparently it has some major layoff, so That added to my stress level,My surgeon meet with me and my wife and put me ateasy and i am back home now, leave everything on God's Hands.

Thank you all for your continuous support of this chat which is God's send to me.

Back