• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

White lies

3momchaos

Today I realized that my drivers license weight is accurate for the first time in…forever? Then it got me thinking about the white lies I’ve told myself over the years to make excuses for myself or justify my food behavior. A big one for me was if I was really active I’d have a massive meal or lots of horrible snacks and say that I “needed” the calories. Another was if I exercised I’d say I “earned” a treat-but a huge bowl of ice cream isn’t a treat! I’m finding through this entire process how much more accountable I am holding myself because no one is going to do it for me. Just interesting how the brain can change so much in a year.

Now I just looked at my drivers license for the first time in my life I weight less that what it says. WOW
WOW is right. I actually now am lower than the weight I admitted to on my license. I cringe at my picture, bc the license doesn't expire for 5 years. Ugggggh! After I approach my goal weight, I do believe I will treat myself to a new copy with an updated picture. Thanks for your insight on this.

WOW is right. I actually now am lower than the weight I admitted to on my license. I cringe at my picture, bc the license doesn't expire for 5 years. Ugggggh! After I approach my goal weight, I do believe I will treat myself to a new copy with an updated picture. Thanks for your insight on this.
I know I am 80 lbs less now then my picture but only 30 lbs less on the printed weight. Speaking of white lies. LOL

Back