• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who Knew

Mike B.

Date 3 Feb 2020 weight 389.6 0730 Gastric Bypass. Home 4 Feb 2100ish , a lot of pain nausea but I was walking well phase 1 begins. 7 Feb Dr. says begin phase 2 but pain changes and getting worse moved to my kidneys can't hold even water down. 8-9 Feb so sick (nausea headache diarrhea) can hardly move out of bed (dumping). 11 Feb in the hospital with IV and pain meds. Went home. 12 Feb ER severe kidney pain dehydration IV pain meds home late evening. Dr. recommended giving my body a break on 13 Feb. 14 Feb hospital IV hydrating almost 6 hours then home Happy Valentine's day babe. All this to say the onset of the journey was challenging but we made it. Now on week 9 of this amazing blessing I thank God for the battles, because I learned so much. I have had absolutely 1 dumping episode because it taught me to listen to my body. If my body says no after a couple of bites I throw the food out no negotiations need. I eat slowly. I use a 20/30/Stand approach to everything I eat. Chew at least 20 times put my fork down swallow/wait 30 second/Stand still make sure she agrees. Not being able to get out of bed(while dumping) when I was fearing blood clots was terrible. Now I walk 6-7 days a week minimum 2 miles. Oh yeah current weight 317 and dropping. I have not been under 300 in more than 8 years. I'll be there by the soon. We got this, don't give up. Pray Walk Chew Stand Believe. Next Goal running 2 miles by the end of May. What's Yours? #Jusbelieve2020

Date 3 Feb 2020 weight 389.6 0730 Gastric Bypass. Home 4 Feb 2100ish , a lot of pain nausea but I was walking well phase 1 begins. 7 Feb Dr. says begin phase 2 but pain changes and getting worse moved to my kidneys can't hold even water down. 8-9 Feb so sick (nausea headache diarrhea) can hardly move out of bed (dumping). 11 Feb in the hospital with IV and pain meds. Went home. 12 Feb ER severe kidney pain dehydration IV pain meds home late evening. Dr. recommended giving my body a break on 13 Feb. 14 Feb hospital IV hydrating almost 6 hours then home Happy Valentine's day babe. All this to say the onset of the journey was challenging but we made it. Now on week 9 of this amazing blessing I thank God for the battles, because I learned so much. I have had absolutely 1 dumping episode because it taught me to listen to my body. If my body says no after a couple of bites I throw the food out no negotiations need. I eat slowly. I use a 20/30/Stand approach to everything I eat. Chew at least 20 times put my fork down swallow/wait 30 second/Stand still make sure she agrees. Not being able to get out of bed(while dumping) when I was fearing blood clots was terrible. Now I walk 6-7 days a week minimum 2 miles. Oh yeah current weight 317 and dropping. I have not been under 300 in more than 8 years. I'll be there by the soon. We got this, don't give up. Pray Walk Chew Stand Believe. Next Goal running 2 miles by the end of May. What's Yours? #Jusbelieve2020
BTW did the Dr ever tell you what caused the Dumping Sydrone this is the wost ever I experienced it before it's like what a diabetic feel like when they need to eat
I half to hear you made past that thresh hole
Congrats wait until you get to the honeymoon phase enjoy the ride....

Back