• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Whoops!

Suzy

Hi...I was excited to see this website.......My Gastric Bypass surgery was done eleven years ago at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn. I carried an extra 120 pounds for about 7 years..and was on every diet out there at least once...just couldn't keep it off. The weight came off in about 15months. I had both knees replaced in the past 2 years...the rapid weight loss was nice but it really aged me..haha..its always something!
Long story short I didn't Take good care of myself. I got B12 shots for a year then just forgot about it.. I was noticing that I was losing my hair..losing muscle tone, craving ice etc. I went and had a blood test and found out I am Anemic...mineral deficient. I am taking sublingual b12 now but need more iron.....it sounds nuts that I don't know what I need for minerals and vitamins...and the right way to take them...any suggestions? Thanks

I have a very high stress job, so I was too caught up in work to realize I was deficient in my vitamins. Until I stopped having my period. Now, I have a blood test twice a year to make sure my levels are in normal range. Once you know what extra you need it's up to your personal preference. I like gummies.

Hi...I was excited to see this website.......My Gastric Bypass surgery was done eleven years ago at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn. I carried an extra 120 pounds for about 7 years..and was on every diet out there at least once...just couldn't keep it off. The weight came off in about 15months. I had both knees replaced in the past 2 years...the rapid weight loss was nice but it really aged me..haha..its always something!
Long story short I didn't Take good care of myself. I got B12 shots for a year then just forgot about it.. I was noticing that I was losing my hair..losing muscle tone, craving ice etc. I went and had a blood test and found out I am Anemic...mineral deficient. I am taking sublingual b12 now but need more iron.....it sounds nuts that I don't know what I need for minerals and vitamins...and the right way to take them...any suggestions? Thanks
My Dr has me taking a multi vitamin twice a day, B12 once a day, Iron once a day and calcium four times a day. Except for calcium, the other vitamins all come sublingual. I have only found chewable for calcium. Bariatric Advantage makes Bariatric vitamins or I did a search on Amazon for Bariatric vitamins and was able to purchase all of mine there.

I have a very high stress job, so I was too caught up in work to realize I was deficient in my vitamins. Until I stopped having my period. Now, I have a blood test twice a year to make sure my levels are in normal range. Once you know what extra you need it's up to your personal preference. I like gummies.
May want to talk with the doc or nurse about the gummies. I know my doc said to take chewable vitamins, like flintstones complete. But could just be doc to doc preference. Just a heads up.

Back