• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who's HAVING SURGERY in July?

Okay so by the time I post this AnnieLuv will be in the hospital having her surgery on the 1st of July.

MamaBear has been scheduled for July 15th after being scheduled and rescheduled since May.

Speak up if you're having surgery in July!

Yeah, I have the same nagging feeling. I just can't remember if the people who were talking about July were just pre-op or if they actually had surgery scheduled. I do remember one person saying that he had surgery scheduled for the 27th or the 29th.

HEY PEOPLE!!!!! IF YOU HAVE SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR JULY, please speak up! Tell us when, what type, & how many days you expect to be in the hospital.

Me, Me! I'm scheduled for July 29th. I have a 4 hr orientation on 07/16, then preop on 07/23. I'm getting excited, especially when I read the success of others! I'm having gastric sleeve, and the doctor told us (in the informational group session) that many patients go home the same evening, if done early; otherwise, they go home the next day.

Me, Me! I'm scheduled for July 29th. I have a 4 hr orientation on 07/16, then preop on 07/23. I'm getting excited, especially when I read the success of others! I'm having gastric sleeve, and the doctor told us (in the informational group session) that many patients go home the same evening, if done early; otherwise, they go home the next day.

Congrats for ur date u should add it to the calendar so we can celebrate every year with yoy

I had mine RNY on July 1st... MD said I would be in the hospital 1-2 nights... I worked it so I only had to stay one. Took the pre op diet super serious, got up an walking as soon as I could and I was out the next day. It's been almost 2 weeks and the pain in centralized to the left side of my stomach, in a small area, and only when I got to sit down, stand up, stretch, and even then it's tolerable. I've been off the pain meds for about 4 days.

Pooch, you're a superstar! It's amazing that you seem to have everything together and you're completely alert and aware of what's happening and managing your pain! I am really impressed. I would describe you as a success story. I hope you share more about your journey as you go along, and that you can encourage others.

Back