• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Who's next?

Soooo, I saw the nurse for pre-op 9 days ago and she suggested an iron infusion because my iron was really low. I said ok, and when I didn't hear anything from them, I sent a message asking about the status of the infusion. Still nothing until today! Now they say it's too late to do an infusion. :)
Is low iron not a big deal prior to surgery? I read it can cause excessive bleeding.

I don't think there's any connection between how iron-rich your blood is and whether or not your blood will clot or not clot. So I don't think that you have to worry about excessive bleeding. It's really bad though that they would suggest something to you and then not follow it up and then make it seem it's a bad thing. So thank goodness they didn't cancel the surgery. You go girl.

Soooo, I saw the nurse for pre-op 9 days ago and she suggested an iron infusion because my iron was really low.
Well, look what turned up in my news feed:

I have to get b-12 shots every month due to iron defencency. I have had several in the past. So it was mentioned about getting b-12 after surgery I believe. Also iron is important for absorbtion. Haven't spoke to my surgeon yet but I plan on asking!

Oh, also, I love what she said about being curvy. It just seems like all my life people have been trying to look like Twiggy or Kate Moss or some other underfed model or actress. It's only been in the last 5 or 10 years that curvy has been desirable. I really love that and actually envy it because I'm actually rather straight up and down, like a boy.

The writer's bathing suit picture is just priceless. It reminds me of the movie stars from the 1940s, whose photos were taped onto the locker room doors of GIs in World War II and painted onto the jet planes that were named after these glamorous women.

So I say to my curvy friends here, flaunt it. Cinch that belt around that smaller waist and fuller hips and announce to the world that you are have arrived. You are fortunate and, speaking to the women only, there are great clothes for you to wear now that curvy is coo!l

So I say to my curvy friends here, flaunt it. Cinch that belt around that smaller waist and fuller hips and announce to the world that you are have arrived. You are fortunate and, speaking to the women only, there are great clothes for you to wear now that curvy is coo!l
Sadly I've never been curvy... I'm more just shapes. :D Torrid is great to shop at though. They have fun clothes for larger women who still want to look cute and have fun.

Sadly I've never been curvy... I'm more just shapes. :D Torrid is great to shop at though. They have fun clothes for larger women who still want to look cute and have fun.

Dresslily has great vintage looks in plus as well, really inexpensive. Never ordered from them so can't speak to quality but look at how adorable:

July 1!!!! Getting more on the excited side and less on the nervous side. Mom and son have been really supportive. Am struggling with hunger right now due to pre-op clear liquid diet :(
Annie, how are you doing? Are you nervous? Surgery is coming right up. Let us know how you're doing, please, & know we've been where you are & want to offer any support we can.

Annie, how are you doing? Are you nervous? Surgery is coming right up. Let us know how you're doing, please, & know we've been where you are & want to offer any support we can.
Thank you!!! I have a terrible headache today and there's so much I want to get done before Monday. I haven't gotten my liquid tylenol yet and I'm obsessing about details like that. Maybe it's a natural reaction to the stress? I really am excited though. I feel like I've done a lot of prep and education and yet come Monday I'll be flying by the seat of my pants.

Thank you!!! I have a terrible headache today and there's so much I want to get done before Monday. I haven't gotten my liquid tylenol yet and I'm obsessing about details like that. Maybe it's a natural reaction to the stress? I really am excited though. I feel like I've done a lot of prep and education and yet come Monday I'll be flying by the seat of my pants.
Have you seen MamaBear's list? It may be too late, but there might be some helpful suggestions here:

Excited for you!

Back