• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

whose inventory am I taking?

Does this sound familiar to anybody? I felt like somebody opened up my head and plucked this secret thought out of it. I always have to remember not to compare myself. It's especially important not to compare my insides to somebody's outsides, or vice versa.

TRUE CONFESSION:

Usually, I am looking at the male of a couple and I can't tell you how often I think, "How did that homely, unkempt guy in those nasty greasy clothes get such a gorgeous woman to be in a relationship with?" That's what it seems like more times than not. Men don't seem to have to try very hard. Or maybe they've got money or that indefinable something. But it seems to me more common that we see men who aren't trying to look good (or even bathing regularly) with beautiful women who look good naturally or really know how to put on makeup.

But most of my relationships have been with very handsome men. I don't know why and I do recall being constantly nervous that some other woman was going to make a play for my guy. And it seems like that's what usually happened.

I have such admiration for the people here who are maintaining long-term relationships or marriages. It's not luck. It's a skill to cohabitate and respect and admire someone you live with every single day.

I generally get bored after a year. And I would not define myself as monogamous. I have always felt pretty comfortable in relationships that weren't necessarily monogamous.

Back